Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Rounded corners

Rounded corners

Mark Rae

Hi,

Does anyone have a solution for doing rounded corners in ASP.NET 2? I have
previously been using the PrettyUI.dll assembly in v1.1 but, apparently,
this breaks my ISP's security policy for v2.

By rounded corners, I mean something like this:
http://site230.webhost4life.com/bill...emplateRC.aspx

I've Googled for some other solutions, but there appears to be nothing
nearly so feature-rich or easy to use as PrettyUI.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Mark

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Here's an alternate approach you might consider:

I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
http://SteveOrr.net

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have a solution for doing rounded corners in ASP.NET 2? I have
> previously been using the PrettyUI.dll assembly in v1.1 but, apparently,
> this breaks my ISP's security policy for v2.
>
> By rounded corners, I mean something like this:
> http://site230.webhost4life.com/bill...emplateRC.aspx
>
> I've Googled for some other solutions, but there appears to be nothing
> nearly so feature-rich or easy to use as PrettyUI.
>
> Any assistance gratefully received.
>
> Mark

Mark Rae

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Steve,

> Here's an alternate approach you might consider:

See my original post - what I'm looking for is an *alternative* to the
PrettyUI user control because it is incompatible with my ISP's v2 security
policy.

Mark

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Right, and that's exactly what I provided.
You're welcome.

I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
http://SteveOrr.net

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Steve,
>
>> Here's an alternate approach you might consider:
>> http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/072804-1.aspx

> See my original post - what I'm looking for is an *alternative* to the
> PrettyUI user control because it is incompatible with my ISP's v2 security
> policy.
>
> Mark

Mark Rae

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Right, and that's exactly what I provided.
> You're welcome.

I must be missing something - when I click "Download the complete code" and
open the zip, it contains PrettyUI.dll

AdmiralGanja AdmiralGanja is offline
Junior Member

Hi! Did you find any solution to this? If that is the case, please share... I want it toooo

While looking around I found the following simular solutions to this:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/custom...container.aspx
http://dotnetslackers.com/articles/a...oxControl.aspx

But, I didn't manage to get them to work exactly as I wanted in ASP .NET 2...

Please Let me know of your progress...

/Jesper

merdeka merdeka is offline
Junior Member

Have a look at

(Had to remove link - some nonsense about post count must be 100 or greater)

So look at this - codebetter com blogs brendan dot tomkins

nice article about creating a safe version of the Image Quantization library because the previous unsafe version wouldn't run under medium trust with .NET 2.0

Lift original source code of PrettyUI and try replacing Quantizer & PaletteQuantizer with Brendans code

Haven't tried it but worth a go to get the control working under ASP 2

If you get it to work can you post the results

mkrawats mkrawats is offline
Junior Member

merdeka,

Were you ever able to get PrettyUI to run in Medium Trust? If yes, how?

Rounded corners on panel/div etc kurt sune ASP .Net 1 10-12-2005 08:52 AM
Rounded corners in menu Table and Bottons Francisco J. Jurado ASP .Net 3 05-31-2004 09:36 PM
CSS and rounded corners Fluxcore HTML 2 12-03-2003 04:11 AM
Advice required to create rounded corners Alan HTML 4 11-10-2003 10:51 AM
rounded corners in data grid Konrad ASP .Net 2 08-30-2003 02:45 PM

Advertisments