Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > GridView Filter Alphabet

GridView Filter Alphabet

ciaran.byrne@nospam_gmail.com

I'm building a web app, which has a Contacts function. I would like the
user to be able
to Search the contacts by common criteria e.g. First Name, Last Name. I
have enabled SqlCacheDependency for the Contacts table.

I would like the user to be able to click on a letter (A - Z) above the
GridView and Filter
the GridView according to the FilterExpression "FirstName LIKE '{0}*'".

Does anyone know how I can display and capture the click on these
letters and bind it
to my Filter expression in the most efficient way?