Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to get PagedDataSource ItemIndex from Repeater item in OnTextChanged event?

How to get PagedDataSource ItemIndex from Repeater item in OnTextChanged event?

Fred Dag

I want to get the database table ID of a row in a Repeater that uses a
PagedDataSource when OnTexctChanged event is fired. It seems that the
DataSource property isnít persisted when the event is triggered so I have to
get the values from the database again. Correct?

Or is there a way of hiding the row IDís in the page?

How do I get the correct values ie. find the table ID associated with this
row in the repater? I need the variables from the Repeater and the
PagedDataSource to find the correct row to update. How do I get these from
an OnTextChanged event? WHat does the maths look like?

Thanks in advance.

Fred,

I have never used repeater, but I suspect that its use is similar to that
of DataGrid control. In the grid, I can create an invisible column that is
bind to the ID. Then in your event you can always refer to the Item property
to retrieve row's values.

HTH