Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Streaming only the body of an MSWord document

Reply
Thread Tools

Streaming only the body of an MSWord document

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?U3RlcGhlbiBSLiBHaWJzb24=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2006
Is there some way to stream only the body of a Word document (.doc), without
all the hidden information, such as the gobbledygook at the top and document
prroperties?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Timney \( MVP \)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2006
no - that would not be a complete document. What you could do is invoke
word server side and pick out the sections you needed and return them as
text with a doc extension leaving all the properties and stuff blank when
word opened it as a new document.

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft MVP

"Stephen R. Gibson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there some way to stream only the body of a Word document (.doc),
> without
> all the hidden information, such as the gobbledygook at the top and
> document
> prroperties?



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Kevin Spencer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2006
What exactly are you asking? Do you only want to send the text in the
document?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Who is Mighty Abbott?
A twin turret scalawag.

"Stephen R. Gibson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there some way to stream only the body of a Word document (.doc),
> without
> all the hidden information, such as the gobbledygook at the top and
> document
> prroperties?



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?U3RlcGhlbiBSLiBHaWJzb24=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-20-2006
How would one go about that?

"John Timney ( MVP )" wrote:

> no - that would not be a complete document. What you could do is invoke
> word server side and pick out the sections you needed and return them as
> text with a doc extension leaving all the properties and stuff blank when
> word opened it as a new document.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> John Timney
> Microsoft MVP
>
> "Stephen R. Gibson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is there some way to stream only the body of a Word document (.doc),
> > without
> > all the hidden information, such as the gobbledygook at the top and
> > document
> > prroperties?

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?U3RlcGhlbiBSLiBHaWJzb24=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-20-2006
I want the text at a minimum. Formatted text would be better. The whole
"public face" of the document would be best.
Basically, what i'm trying to accomplish is to display the contents of
documents uploaded by users within the context of my site, rather than
serving up the whole document outside the page.
I hope that makes sense.

"Kevin Spencer" wrote:

> What exactly are you asking? Do you only want to send the text in the
> document?
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> Kevin Spencer
> Microsoft MVP
> ..Net Developer
> Who is Mighty Abbott?
> A twin turret scalawag.
>
> "Stephen R. Gibson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is there some way to stream only the body of a Word document (.doc),
> > without
> > all the hidden information, such as the gobbledygook at the top and
> > document
> > prroperties?

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
John Timney \( MVP \)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-20-2006
You'll need to install office on your server, and manipulate the documents
via automation

Start here:

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/wordapplication.asp

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft MVP

"Stephen R. Gibson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How would one go about that?
>
> "John Timney ( MVP )" wrote:
>
>> no - that would not be a complete document. What you could do is invoke
>> word server side and pick out the sections you needed and return them as
>> text with a doc extension leaving all the properties and stuff blank when
>> word opened it as a new document.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>
>> John Timney
>> Microsoft MVP
>>
>> "Stephen R. Gibson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Is there some way to stream only the body of a Word document (.doc),
>> > without
>> > all the hidden information, such as the gobbledygook at the top and
>> > document
>> > prroperties?

>>
>>
>>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
updating the label text in msword document rajkm42 ASP .Net 0 04-14-2009 11:35 AM
Using POI to read bookmarks from a msword document Lans Redmond Java 2 04-10-2005 10:47 PM
Re: Using python to convert PDF document to MSWord documents Timothy Grant Python 6 01-04-2005 04:22 PM
MSword document D M P Computer Support 3 09-20-2003 11:03 PM



Advertisments