Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox; Recommended Extensions

Firefox; Recommended Extensions

Jim Thompson

I'm relatively new to Firefox.

The only extension I'm currently running is "NoScript" which is great!

What else is recommended?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Nikos Chantziaras

Jim Thompson wrote:
> I'm relatively new to Firefox.

I'm using it since, uhm, 5 days or so...

> The only extension I'm currently running is "NoScript" which is great!
>
> What else is recommended?

I'm not much into extenstions, and I only downloaded what seemed useful
(to me). Here's the list:

Image-Show-Hide (great for slow dial-up connections; disables/enables
images with a button)

fireFTP (FTP client for Firefox)

Image Toolbar (easy access to common image functions)

Mozilla Archive Format (Save complete web pages in a single file)

Copy Plain Text (copy/paste text without formatting)

zoompersist (Fixes annoying websites with small fonts)

vbrowseit (Browse any page with the Virtualbrowser)

Not much, but all of them useful.

Simian Dyson

Tabbrowser Preferences and Tab Clicking Options are essential.

"Jim Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm relatively new to Firefox.
>
> The only extension I'm currently running is "NoScript" which is great!
>
> What else is recommended?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ...Jim Thompson
> --
> | James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
> | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
> | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus |
> | Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |
> | E-mail Address at Website Fax480)460-2142 | Brass Rat |
> | http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |
>
> I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Tom Betz

Quoth Jim Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm relatively new to Firefox.
>
> The only extension I'm currently running is "NoScript" which is great!
>
> What else is recommended?

AdBlock and Flashblock are essentials.

BugMeNot is handy, as are ImageZoom and Allow Right-Click

On a Windows PC, sometimes, you just gotta have IE View.

If you have a big screen, OutSideBar is nice.

Besides TabBrowser Preferences, have a look at TabMix Plus and Unread Tabs.

I use PDF files a lot, so I recommend PDF Download.

And then there's WayBack... often useful when tracking down information.

--
George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

Doug G

Jim Thompson wrote:
> I'm relatively new to Firefox.
>
> The only extension I'm currently running is "NoScript" which is great!
>
> What else is recommended?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ...Jim Thompson

Forecastfox
Tab X
Search Button
Dictionary Search
Disable Targets For Download
MapFox
Mozilla Archive Format
Enhanced Bookmark Search
Locate in Bookmark Folders
Prefbar

Old Gringo

Jim Thompson wrote:
> I'm relatively new to Firefox.
>
> The only extension I'm currently running is "NoScript" which is great!
>
> What else is recommended?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ...Jim Thompson

My stables:
Flashblock, Cute Menus, Tiny URL, Tweak Network, Translate Page,
Translate Panel, Forecastfox, Dictionary Search 0.9.3. My limit to
the available.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

Ralph Fox

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:55:03 -0700, in message
*<(E-Mail Removed)>, Jim Thompson wrote:

> I'm relatively new to Firefox.
> The only extension I'm currently running is "NoScript" which is great!
> What else is recommended?

User Agent Switcher -- essential for sites that don't function
properly unless Firefox pretends to
be a different browser.

Live HTTP Headers -- to shoe the HTTP request and response
headers. Useful for debugging things like
cacheing, incorrect character encoding, etc.

Mozilla Archive Format -- for reading and writing MHTML files.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

Rom

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:55:03 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

>I'm relatively new to Firefox.
>
>The only extension I'm currently running is "NoScript" which is great!
>
>What else is recommended?

Use as few as possible (after you've tried and/or know what you need).

Tabbrowser Preferences
PrefBar
undoclosetab
FLST (Focus Last Selected Tab)
Diggler

--
Rom

Peterg

In article <aricg1dn70ai5reja8162vb3ltv7cqhcai@ID-
200159.user.individual.net>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid wrote...
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:55:03 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:
>
> >I'm relatively new to Firefox.
> >
> >The only extension I'm currently running is "NoScript" which is great!
> >
> >What else is recommended?

> Use as few as possible (after you've tried and/or know what you need).
>
> Tabbrowser Preferences
> PrefBar
> undoclosetab
> FLST (Focus Last Selected Tab)
> Diggler

And three of your extensions, Tabbrowser Preferences, undoclosetab and
FLST could all be replaced by Tabmix Plus, an extension of roughly the
same size and far greater functionality beyond the sum of those 3
extensions.

http://tmp.gary.elixant.com/

Peter

Unable to access extensions menu or add extensions (I've tried past suggestions) nospam@spam.com Firefox 8 12-01-2005 01:33 AM
Recommended media player John Firefox 6 10-21-2005 03:46 AM
Recommended download manager for Mozilla? Hallvard Tangeraas Firefox 6 12-29-2004 06:57 PM
recommended obfuscators or protectors Paul Rocca ASP .Net 2 11-05-2004 05:31 PM
Recommended Access Points Ray Wireless Networking 5 06-29-2004 02:53 PM

Advertisments