Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Where do I place the dll?

Where do I place the dll?

Andy Sutorius via DotNetMonster.com

I have a legacy dll built in C++ 6.0 (not a com dll, just a plain dll without
a type library). I am using Interop Services to call this dll from an aspx.cs
page ([DLLImport]). However when I place the dll in the bin folder I get "dll
not found". When I place it in Windows/System32 the webpage just spins and
doesn't return any result. Obviously the dll is not getting loaded. Where do
I need to place the dll?

Patrice

system32 should be fine IMO. For a test you could also try with the full
path to the DLL.

I would try with a Windows test application. IMO it's rather some problem
caused by the execution context (rights, no user profile etc...).

--
Patrice

"Andy Sutorius via DotNetMonster.com" <u9025@uwe> a écrit dans le message de
> I have a legacy dll built in C++ 6.0 (not a com dll, just a plain dll

without
> a type library). I am using Interop Services to call this dll from an

aspx.cs
> page ([DLLImport]). However when I place the dll in the bin folder I get

"dll
> not found". When I place it in Windows/System32 the webpage just spins and
> doesn't return any result. Obviously the dll is not getting loaded. Where

do
> I need to place the dll?

Andy Sutorius via DotNetMonster.com

I will try the full path.

I already tried with a Windows test and it ran perfectly. With this test the
dll was in the root folder of the .exe that I fired off.