Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ATLAS with C# classes not WebServices

ATLAS with C# classes not WebServices

rogersmail@gmail.com

Greetings to all,

Can anyone tell me if Atlas can work directly with C# classes not
defined as a webservice.
sort of like a servlet class.

I would like to create a thin and thick client for my app. If I need
to use webservices to talk to my system for both cases, then that seems
to me to be a waste of resources. It would seem easier to create a
service layer which knows to return data as xml or string or object.

Thanks
Roger

Bruce Barker

not exatly sure your question.

ATLAS callback pages are not a SOAP webservices. their main function over
the builtin client callback support in asp.net 2.0, is to support
serialzation of data for javascript. the classes the ATLAS callback page use
can be local or a webservice.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Greetings to all,
>
> Can anyone tell me if Atlas can work directly with C# classes not
> defined as a webservice.
> sort of like a servlet class.
>

> I would like to create a thin and thick client for my app. If I need
> to use webservices to talk to my system for both cases, then that seems
> to me to be a waste of resources. It would seem easier to create a
> service layer which knows to return data as xml or string or object.
>
> Thanks
> Roger

rogersmail@gmail.com

Sorry that the question was not clear.

I have the following

SampleTest.cs class

namespace Samples.AspNet
{
public class SampleTest
{
public String getSampleInfo(int sample_id, string type)
{
XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument();
SampleService sample = new SampleService();
xmlDoc = sample.getSampleData(sample_id);
return xmlDoc.InnerXml.ToString();
}
}
}

called from
<script type="text/javascript" src="SampleTest.cs/js">
</script>

function GetSamples(){

var sample_id = document.getElementById("sample_id");

Samples.AspNet.SampleTest.getSampleInfo(sample_id. value, "sample",
OnRequestComplete);
}

function OnRequestComplete(result)
{
populate html
}

Now if I create the SampleTest as a WebService, this will work
perfectly.

When I call it as a .cs file, I get a javascript error 'Samples' is not
defined

Please forgive me I am new to this.

Thanks
Roger

Webservices, Interfaces and Polymorphism in proxy classes. JupiterMoonBeam ASP .Net Web Services 4 12-07-2006 06:36 PM
ATLAS / WEBSERVICES / C# / JAVASCRIPT / SQL SERVER Daniel ASP .Net 0 09-14-2006 10:52 PM
Atlas Or Not .. hangar18 ASP .Net 6 05-17-2006 07:48 AM
Atlas question - works from one page not from another Don ASP .Net 1 12-21-2005 03:28 PM
issue with Web.Config - where do classes live? (kinda multiposted to webservices. sorry) Stephanie Stowe ASP .Net 5 10-06-2004 01:26 PM

Advertisments