Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > middle-mouse close tab doesn't work

middle-mouse close tab doesn't work

Hendrik Maryns

Hi,

I'm rather new to Linux, but managed to install FF on it, everything
working fine except one very annoying thing: middle-clicking a tab to
close it does not work. Middle-clicking a link does open it in a new
tab, though, so it does recognise the clicking with the wheel (scrolling
also works).

Anybody an idea on how to fix this?

Thanks, Hendrik

Jedi Fans

Hendrik Maryns wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm rather new to Linux, but managed to install FF on it, everything
> working fine except one very annoying thing: middle-clicking a tab to
> close it does not work. Middle-clicking a link does open it in a new
> tab, though, so it does recognise the clicking with the wheel (scrolling
> also works).
>
> Anybody an idea on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks, Hendrik

about:config in address bar hit enter filter for middle and its
something like contentload or summin , toggle it to false

--
Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
The Force Is With Me, SuSE Linux Professional 9.3, Mozilla Firefox

JamesMZ

Hendrik Maryns wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm rather new to Linux, but managed to install FF on it, everything
> working fine except one very annoying thing: middle-clicking a tab to
> close it does not work. Middle-clicking a link does open it in a new
> tab, though, so it does recognise the clicking with the wheel (scrolling
> also works).
>
> Anybody an idea on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks, Hendrik

Just type abou:config in location (address) bar and filter for
middlemouse.contentLoadURL and set the Value to false.

middlemouse.contentLoadURL
Determines how to handle middle-clicks in the content area.
True (default in Linux): Go to whatever address is currently in the
clipboard
False (default in all but Linux): Handle middle-clicks normally.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050817
Firefox/1.0+ ID:2005081716

JamesMZ

oops...

about:config

if your familiar with about:blank for a blank page, then type
about:config the same.

Hendrik Maryns

JamesMZ schreef:
> oops...
>
> about:config
>
> if your familiar with about:blank for a blank page, then type
> about:config the same.

I know about about:config and can see the logic behind the defaults, but
being used to the other action...

Thanks all!

--
Hendrik Maryns