Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird 1.0.6. will not receive mail. ( NEWBIE )

Reply
Thread Tools

Thunderbird 1.0.6. will not receive mail. ( NEWBIE )

 
 
Ron
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
I can NOT get TB 1.0.6. to download mail, Netscape, Mozilla, and
Internet Explorer also will not receive mail! They all will SEND mail!
I can receive and send WEB MAIL !!! Everything worked fine until a few
days ago. Newsgroups seem to be working both ways. Thanks in advance...!

Ron....
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Old Gringo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
Ron wrote:
> I can NOT get TB 1.0.6. to download mail, Netscape, Mozilla, and
> Internet Explorer also will not receive mail! They all will SEND mail!
> I can receive and send WEB MAIL !!! Everything worked fine until a few
> days ago. Newsgroups seem to be working both ways. Thanks in advance...!
>
> Ron....

In Thunderbird, delete the email account and re-enter it making sure
all entries are correct.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ron
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
I did what you said here...and still no luck...Grrrrrrr!!
Something weird going on here.


Old Gringo wrote:
> Ron wrote:
>
>> I can NOT get TB 1.0.6. to download mail, Netscape, Mozilla, and
>> Internet Explorer also will not receive mail! They all will SEND mail!
>> I can receive and send WEB MAIL !!! Everything worked fine until a few
>> days ago. Newsgroups seem to be working both ways. Thanks in advance...!
>>
>> Ron....

>
> In Thunderbird, delete the email account and re-enter it making sure all
> entries are correct.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Nikos Chantziaras
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
Ron wrote:
> I can NOT get TB 1.0.6. to download mail, Netscape, Mozilla, and
> Internet Explorer also will not receive mail! They all will SEND mail!
> I can receive and send WEB MAIL !!! Everything worked fine until a few
> days ago. Newsgroups seem to be working both ways. Thanks in advance...!


Try it with another client. Since Outlook Express is available on every
Windows installation, try that. If it still won't work, then there must
be some problem with the server (you didn't mention what type of server
you're using, POP, IMAP, Webmail).
 
Reply With Quote
 
Doug G
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
Ron wrote:
> Old Gringo wrote:
>> Ron wrote:
>>
>>> I can NOT get TB 1.0.6. to download mail, Netscape, Mozilla, and
>>> Internet Explorer also will not receive mail! They all will SEND mail!
>>> I can receive and send WEB MAIL !!! Everything worked fine until a few
>>> days ago. Newsgroups seem to be working both ways. Thanks in advance...!
>>>
>>> Ron....

>>
>> In Thunderbird, delete the email account and re-enter it making sure all
>> entries are correct.
>>

>
> I did what you said here...and still no luck...Grrrrrrr!!
> Something weird going on here.
>


If you use an antivirus or firewall program, disable its incoming mail scan.

If you receive an error message when trying to download mail, what does
it say?

What version of Windows are you using?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ron
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2005
Doug....the zonealarm was the problem....see bottom of post

Doug G wrote:
> Ron wrote:
>
>> Old Gringo wrote:
>>
>>> Ron wrote:
>>>
>>>> I can NOT get TB 1.0.6. to download mail, Netscape, Mozilla, and
>>>> Internet Explorer also will not receive mail! They all will SEND mail!
>>>> I can receive and send WEB MAIL !!! Everything worked fine until a
>>>> few days ago. Newsgroups seem to be working both ways. Thanks in
>>>> advance...!
>>>>
>>>> Ron....
>>>
>>>
>>> In Thunderbird, delete the email account and re-enter it making sure
>>> all entries are correct.
>>>

> >
> > I did what you said here...and still no luck...Grrrrrrr!!
> > Something weird going on here.
> >

>
> If you use an antivirus or firewall program, disable its incoming mail
> scan.

OK ITS FIXED.....I SHUT OFF ZONEALARM'S INCOMING MAIL CHECK!!

> If you receive an error message when trying to download mail, what does
> it say?

THERE WHERE NO ERRORS!!
> What version of Windows are you using?

I AM USING WINDDOWS XP!!!

DOUG....IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH ZONEALARM AND TB'S 1.0.6's .....incoming
mail and if so should I contact ZA?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Doug Goding
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2005
Ron wrote:
> Doug....the zonealarm was the problem....see bottom of post
>
> Doug G wrote:
>> Ron wrote:
>>
>>> Old Gringo wrote:
>>>
>>>> Ron wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I can NOT get TB 1.0.6. to download mail, Netscape, Mozilla,
>>>>> and Internet Explorer also will not receive mail! They all
>>>>> will SEND mail! I can receive and send WEB MAIL !!!
>>>>> Everything worked fine until a few days ago. Newsgroups seem
>>>>> to be working both ways. Thanks in advance...!
>>>>>
>>>>> Ron....
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> In Thunderbird, delete the email account and re-enter it making
>>>> sure all entries are correct.
>>>>
>>>
>>> I did what you said here...and still no luck...Grrrrrrr!!
>>> Something weird going on here.
>>>

>>
>> If you use an antivirus or firewall program, disable its incoming
>> mail scan.

> OK ITS FIXED.....I SHUT OFF ZONEALARM'S INCOMING MAIL CHECK!!
>> If you receive an error message when trying to download mail, what
>> does it say?

> THERE WHERE NO ERRORS!!
>> What version of Windows are you using?

> I AM USING WINDDOWS XP!!!
>
> DOUG....IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH ZONEALARM AND TB'S 1.0.6's
> .....incoming mail and if so should I contact ZA?


I use Win XP Home SP2, ZoneAlarm 5.5.094.000 (the free version) and
Norton Antivirus 2003. Win XP's firewall is turned off.

ZA's Antivirus Monitor is on, but all it does is tell me when NAV is
turned off or the virus definitions are out-of-date. NAV is set to scan
incoming and outgoing mail. Both work fine for me with TB 1.0.6.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ed Mullen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2005
Doug Goding wrote:
> Ron wrote:
>
>> Doug....the zonealarm was the problem....see bottom of post
>>
>> Doug G wrote:
>>
>>> Ron wrote:
>>>
>>>> Old Gringo wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Ron wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> I can NOT get TB 1.0.6. to download mail, Netscape, Mozilla,
>>>>>> and Internet Explorer also will not receive mail! They all
>>>>>> will SEND mail! I can receive and send WEB MAIL !!!
>>>>>> Everything worked fine until a few days ago. Newsgroups seem
>>>>>> to be working both ways. Thanks in advance...!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Ron....
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> In Thunderbird, delete the email account and re-enter it making
>>>>> sure all entries are correct.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I did what you said here...and still no luck...Grrrrrrr!! Something
>>>> weird going on here.
>>>>
>>>
>>> If you use an antivirus or firewall program, disable its incoming
>>> mail scan.

>>
>> OK ITS FIXED.....I SHUT OFF ZONEALARM'S INCOMING MAIL CHECK!!
>>
>>> If you receive an error message when trying to download mail, what
>>> does it say?

>>
>> THERE WHERE NO ERRORS!!
>>
>>> What version of Windows are you using?

>>
>> I AM USING WINDDOWS XP!!!
>>
>> DOUG....IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH ZONEALARM AND TB'S 1.0.6's
>> .....incoming mail and if so should I contact ZA?

>
>
> I use Win XP Home SP2, ZoneAlarm 5.5.094.000 (the free version) and
> Norton Antivirus 2003. Win XP's firewall is turned off.
>
> ZA's Antivirus Monitor is on, but all it does is tell me when NAV is
> turned off or the virus definitions are out-of-date. NAV is set to scan
> incoming and outgoing mail. Both work fine for me with TB 1.0.6.


The latest version of the free Zone Alarm is:

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...60_631_003.exe

Your version 5.x is way out of date. Most problems I've seen
attributable to ZA are with people using out-of-date versions. Your
choice whether to upgrade or not.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz.html
Music is the art which is most nigh to tears and memory. - Oscar Wilde
 
Reply With Quote
 
Doug G
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2005
Ed Mullen wrote:
> Doug Goding wrote:
>> Ron wrote:
>>
>>> Doug....the zonealarm was the problem....see bottom of post
>>>
>>> Doug G wrote:
>>>
>>>> Ron wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Old Gringo wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Ron wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I can NOT get TB 1.0.6. to download mail, Netscape, Mozilla,
>>>>>>> and Internet Explorer also will not receive mail! They all
>>>>>>> will SEND mail! I can receive and send WEB MAIL !!!
>>>>>>> Everything worked fine until a few days ago. Newsgroups seem
>>>>>>> to be working both ways. Thanks in advance...!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Ron....
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> In Thunderbird, delete the email account and re-enter it making
>>>>>> sure all entries are correct.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> I did what you said here...and still no luck...Grrrrrrr!! Something
>>>>> weird going on here.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> If you use an antivirus or firewall program, disable its incoming
>>>> mail scan.
>>>
>>> OK ITS FIXED.....I SHUT OFF ZONEALARM'S INCOMING MAIL CHECK!!
>>>
>>>> If you receive an error message when trying to download mail, what
>>>> does it say?
>>>
>>> THERE WHERE NO ERRORS!!
>>>
>>>> What version of Windows are you using?
>>>
>>> I AM USING WINDDOWS XP!!!
>>>
>>> DOUG....IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH ZONEALARM AND TB'S 1.0.6's
>>> .....incoming mail and if so should I contact ZA?

>>
>>
>> I use Win XP Home SP2, ZoneAlarm 5.5.094.000 (the free version) and
>> Norton Antivirus 2003. Win XP's firewall is turned off.
>>
>> ZA's Antivirus Monitor is on, but all it does is tell me when NAV is
>> turned off or the virus definitions are out-of-date. NAV is set to scan
>> incoming and outgoing mail. Both work fine for me with TB 1.0.6.

>
> The latest version of the free Zone Alarm is:
>
> http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...60_631_003.exe
>
> Your version 5.x is way out of date. Most problems I've seen
> attributable to ZA are with people using out-of-date versions. Your
> choice whether to upgrade or not.
>


Thanks for the tip. Version 5.x kept telling me it was up-to-date.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exporting Thunderbird profile to .... Thunderbird attila001122 Firefox 0 06-06-2008 07:22 PM
Can I use Monzilla Thunderbird to receive and reply to nz.comp messages ? lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz NZ Computing 3 01-24-2007 09:00 PM
Thunderbird 1.0 install over Thunderbird 0.8 mapmaker Firefox 4 03-05-2005 12:16 AM
2509 asy port can not receive all data at speed of 9600 shark Cisco 0 08-12-2004 01:14 AM
did not receive mcp yet shawn A Gonsalves Microsoft Certification 2 07-23-2003 09:49 PM



Advertisments