Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to I know the previous page is clicked to forward the current page?

How to I know the previous page is clicked to forward the current page?

ABC

How to I know the previous page is clicked to forward the current page?

As our web site have many methods to enter the web page, I need to know the
users clicked which link or which part of page to enter the web page.

m.posseth

just send a parameter in the link

http:\\www.somesite.com\somepage.aspx?link=1&

now in somepage you can say request.querystring("link")

and you know on wich link was clicked to come to the page

regards

Michel Posseth [MCP]

"ABC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23g9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How to I know the previous page is clicked to forward the current page?
>

> As our web site have many methods to enter the web page, I need to know
> the users clicked which link or which part of page to enter the web page.

John Timney \( MVP \)

Have you thought about checking the referring page value

Request.UrlReferrer.ToString()

--
Regards

John Timney