Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > PLS HELP: Simple adding data to db in ASP.NET 2.0

PLS HELP: Simple adding data to db in ASP.NET 2.0

VB Programmer

Is there any example that shows how to do something like this (the simplest
way) in ASP.NET 2.0...

1. Simple webform (called "AddProduct") with several textboxes
(txtProductName, txtProductPrice, etc...) and 1 save button.
2. Click Save button and the data is inserted into the Addresses table.

I find myself starting to write business logic (as I did in 1.1) and it just
doesn't feel right. It seems that there MUST be an easier way (almost seems
like this can be codeless.)

Any ideas? Any examples/links would be appreciated!

Thanks.

VB Programmer,
Have you discovered the Quickstarts Applications? This installs with both
VS.NET and the .NET SDK. Really, you will find this extremely useful for all
these basic concepts. Its available online as well.
Peter

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

"VB Programmer" wrote:

> Is there any example that shows how to do something like this (the simplest
> way) in ASP.NET 2.0...
>
> 1. Simple webform (called "AddProduct") with several textboxes
> (txtProductName, txtProductPrice, etc...) and 1 save button.
> 2. Click Save button and the data is inserted into the Addresses table.
>
> I find myself starting to write business logic (as I did in 1.1) and it just
> doesn't feel right. It seems that there MUST be an easier way (almost seems
> like this can be codeless.)
>
> Any ideas? Any examples/links would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks.

VB Programmer

Thanks Peter. You are correct. I didn't even know about these. I've taken
a look and they WILL BE an INVALUABLE resource.

Thanks for being patient with me, the "newb".

news:(E-Mail Removed)...