Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Google Toolbar & Firefox

Google Toolbar & Firefox

History Fan

When I installed the Google Toolbar for Firefox 1.06, I suddenly could
not use the update feature for that browser. The progress bar would get to
about 70%, then stop. Once the Google toolbar was uninstalled, the update
worked fine again. Has this happened to anyone else?

Old Gringo

History Fan wrote:
> When I installed the Google Toolbar for Firefox 1.06, I suddenly could
> not use the update feature for that browser. The progress bar would get to
> about 70%, then stop. Once the Google toolbar was uninstalled, the update
> worked fine again. Has this happened to anyone else?

No, FireFox has built in what most tool bars offer so there is no
real need for it.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

History Fan

I just installed the Googlebar, which is an unofficial version of the
Google product. Works fine, and doesn't interfere with the Firefox
updating. One feature it lacks is the autofill button. Such as when you
visit a website that asks for your name, home address, phone number or email
address. With Google Toolbar for IE, those fields are lit up, and I merely
click a toolbar button to fill in all that data. I looked for a similar
extension for Firefox but couldn't find one.

"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:swaKe.983$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> History Fan wrote:
>> When I installed the Google Toolbar for Firefox 1.06, I suddenly
>> could not use the update feature for that browser. The progress bar
>> would get to about 70%, then stop. Once the Google toolbar was
>> uninstalled, the update worked fine again. Has this happened to anyone
>> else?

> No, FireFox has built in what most tool bars offer so there is no real
> need for it.
>
> --
> Old Gringo George
> Magic Weaver Of Life
> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
> Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>

Old Gringo

History Fan wrote:
> I just installed the Googlebar, which is an unofficial version of the
> Google product. Works fine, and doesn't interfere with the Firefox
> updating. One feature it lacks is the autofill button. Such as when you
> visit a website that asks for your name, home address, phone number or email
> address. With Google Toolbar for IE, those fields are lit up, and I merely
> click a toolbar button to fill in all that data. I looked for a similar
> extension for Firefox but couldn't find one.
>
> "Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:swaKe.983$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>
>>History Fan wrote:
>>
>>> When I installed the Google Toolbar for Firefox 1.06, I suddenly
>>>could not use the update feature for that browser. The progress bar
>>>would get to about 70%, then stop. Once the Google toolbar was
>>>uninstalled, the update worked fine again. Has this happened to anyone
>>>else?

>>No, FireFox has built in what most tool bars offer so there is no real
>>need for it.
>>
>>--
>>Old Gringo George
>>Magic Weaver Of Life
>>Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
>>Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>

there is an extension for that at Mozilla but they were having some
problems with it when FireFox 1.0.6 came out. I think this is what
you are looking for:
http://tinyurl.com/7ud8o