Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > COnsuming a web service that returns XMLNode

COnsuming a web service that returns XMLNode

drewdr@yahoo.com

Any pointers on how to get at specific elements, or better yet,
convert it into a dataset ?

drewdr@yahoo.com

On 10 Jan 2006 19:32:48 +0100, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Any pointers on how to get at specific elements, or better yet,
>convert it into a dataset ?

OK, I've gotten to my wanted element by simply counting:
Mywebservice.Mymethod.ChildNodes.Item(5).InnerText

But is there a faster way that I could get to the item by it's markup,
like:
<firstname>John </firstname> ? -------> item("firstname").innertext