Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > help with encodings

help with encodings

greg

Hi
never felt so stupid before

I have a file which is basically ascii except for few hexFA (250) bytes
(so if you look at it in notepad it looks readable and those 250 displayed
like
the reason they use them as escapes for some sort of compression
ok
if I read this file in using StreamReader all those special guys disappear
fine i thought I am still smart so I read it in as byte array
of course after that I still need to convert it to string to use c# IndexOf
on that stupid
UTF8 encoding throws it out
Ascii (when converting to chars[] makes it ?

question
how do i get nice c# String which will still contain something out of band
for ascii chars
but still be a c# String (which we all love and know or at least that's what
I always thought)

Thanks
GSL

Help with character encodings A_H Python 3 05-20-2008 03:59 PM
fsm state encodings Caterpillar VHDL 1 02-10-2006 05:42 PM
Different encodings problem: What does setting Request.ContentEncoding do? Per Bolmstedt ASP .Net 0 03-03-2004 01:46 PM
Java, Sql Server & encodings Electric Natcho Java 1 12-01-2003 07:58 PM
new CharSet encodings Roedy Green Java 2 08-07-2003 03:44 PM

Advertisments