Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Can't delete those folders...

Can't delete those folders...

Themistocles

Hello people,

After a few migrations and creations/deletions of accounts I'm left with
certain foler trees that cannot be deleted! They don't have any messages
in them; I can delete the sub-folders, but not the "root" folders, and
when I restart Thunderbird they reappear! Now using TB 1.06 but it's
been so for a few updates now...

Any ideas?

Thanks and best regards
Th

Doug G

Themistocles wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> After a few migrations and creations/deletions of accounts I'm left with
> certain foler trees that cannot be deleted! They don't have any messages
> in them; I can delete the sub-folders, but not the "root" folders, and
> when I restart Thunderbird they reappear! Now using TB 1.06 but it's
> been so for a few updates now...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks and best regards
> Th

Try this:
1. Close Thunderbird.
2. In Windows Explorer find your profile's Mail folder.
3. Back up the Mail folder.
3. In the Mail\<mail.account.name> folder delete the SBD folders that
don't have any files or folders in them.
4. Restart TB.

Default profile folder locations:
http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html