Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASPNET 2.0: Progress bar while long taking task

ASPNET 2.0: Progress bar while long taking task

=?Utf-8?B?cHVya2th?=

Hi

I suppose, that my problem is of interest to many readers:

While long time task (i.e reading a remote Pc's WMI), a user should
see either the progress bar or "a DIV history log" such as "Now
enumerate softwares...".

Progress bar must be shown in the same aspx page where
the user started the heavy task. The popups or other pages are not
allowed. I do not want to refresh whole page.

What is the best way to implement the progress indicator? I have seen some
samples, but too complicated to use.

Rgds
Novice in ASPNET and OOP (but not in ooopsss!)