Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Highlight to URL

Highlight to URL

Wygtya

The "bad" thing about getting extensions from the FireFox website is
that the default is to install the software online, rather than dl'ing
them. If you don't save it, you're s/o/l, like me, if you want to re-
install them and don't remember its name. There's over 500 available at
the website but there's only 10 per page = 50 pages to wade through.
To stay on task; I need the extension that when you highlight a "legal"
(semantically correct) url on a webpage, a rt click on it will open it
in a new window. Thanks.

Moz Champion

Wygtya wrote:
> The "bad" thing about getting extensions from the FireFox website is
> that the default is to install the software online, rather than dl'ing
> them. If you don't save it, you're s/o/l, like me, if you want to re-
> install them and don't remember its name. There's over 500 available at
> the website but there's only 10 per page = 50 pages to wade through.
> To stay on task; I need the extension that when you highlight a "legal"
> (semantically correct) url on a webpage, a rt click on it will open it
> in a new window. Thanks.

If you want the name of an installed extension, then simply go to

Tools-->Extensions
and there it is!

If you dont know the name (and it isnt installed) then you either have
to sort through them, or ask.

A tool thank allows you to query the extension room is
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=1866

Sorry I am unable to discern which extension (if any) does what you wish

Cecilie Christensen

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 19:50:32 GMT, Wygtya <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The "bad" thing about getting extensions from the FireFox website is
>that the default is to install the software online, rather than dl'ing
>them. If you don't save it, you're s/o/l, like me, if you want to re-
>install them and don't remember its name. There's over 500 available at
>the website but there's only 10 per page = 50 pages to wade through.
>To stay on task; I need the extension that when you highlight a "legal"
>(semantically correct) url on a webpage, a rt click on it will open it
>in a new window. Thanks.

This one?

"Plain Text to Link"

https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...nfo.php?id=623

MLC

Il Tue, 02 Aug 2005 19:50:32 GMT, Wygtya ha scritto:

> The "bad" thing about getting extensions from the FireFox website is
> that the default is to install the software online, rather than dl'ing
> them. If you don't save it, you're s/o/l, like me, if you want to re-
> install them and don't remember its name. There's over 500 available at
> the website but there's only 10 per page = 50 pages to wade through.
> To stay on task; I need the extension that when you highlight a "legal"
> (semantically correct) url on a webpage, a rt click on it will open it
> in a new window. Thanks.

I know these two:

"Text Link"
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index...pic=119&hl=url
launches the url with a double click

"text-plain"
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index...pic=158&hl=url
fits better your description

--
Maria Luisa C - 02/08/2005 22.30.14
"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million

Ed Mullen

Wygtya wrote:
> The "bad" thing about getting extensions from the FireFox website is
> that the default is to install the software online, rather than dl'ing
> them. If you don't save it, you're s/o/l, like me, if you want to re-
> install them and don't remember its name. There's over 500 available at
> the website but there's only 10 per page = 50 pages to wade through.
> To stay on task; I need the extension that when you highlight a "legal"
> (semantically correct) url on a webpage, a rt click on it will open it
> in a new window. Thanks.

That annoys me as well when an extension page only lists the automatic
install link. You can usually puzzle out the actual .xpi file
link/location by viewing either the page source (CTRL+U) or page
information (CTRL+I). I use this technique to download some streaming
media and Flash files that are only meant to be viewed online and not
saved locally.

I keep a basic html template file on hand for this purpose. Once I find
the actual file link in the source or info display I paste that link
into my html file, open the page in my browser, and use that to activate
a download action.

If you're not clear on what I've described let me know and I'll give you
an example.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Can not highlight text in a textbox on a ASP.net Page Robert M ASP .Net 1 01-05-2004 10:04 PM
datagrid highlight reiks ASP .Net 0 12-30-2003 10:00 AM
Highlight Text based on certain criteria Stephajn Craig ASP .Net 2 07-07-2003 11:07 PM

Advertisments