Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > FF 1.06 stops responding sometimes

FF 1.06 stops responding sometimes

TheCroW

Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel doesn't
work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF then,
I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed but
FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to het FF
working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.

Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?

--
Menno
=====================

Martin Leese

TheCroW wrote:
> Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel doesn't
> work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF then,
> I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed but
> FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to het FF
> working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.
>
> Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?

I am seeing similar behaviour which may be related.
In my case, the computer locks up when the FF cache
is full and the Web page being browsed uses JavaScript.
On rebooting, the CheckScan finds problems only in FF's
cache folder.

Next time it happens to you, clear the cache and
revisit the Web page giving problems.

--
Regards,
Martin Leese

The One

"TheCroW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel

doesn't
> work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF

then,
> I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed but
> FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to het FF
> working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.
>
> Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?
>
> --
> Menno
> =====================
> My 3D Art can be seen on
> http://www.3dart4u.com
> =====================
> Remove nospam in mail address when mailing me

Good enough reason to bin it.

Jedi Fans

The One wrote:
> Good enough reason to bin it.

oh and IE is any better eh?

TheCroW

> > Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel
> doesn't
> > work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF

> then,
> > I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed

but
> > FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to het

FF
> > working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.
> >
> > Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?
> >
> > --
> > Menno
> > =====================
> > My 3D Art can be seen on
> > http://www.3dart4u.com
> > =====================
> > Remove nospam in mail address when mailing me
> >

> Good enough reason to bin it.

To bin it?? Don't understand that ... my English is okay but Dutch is my
native tongue, so ....

Menno

TheCroW

> > Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel
doesn't
> > work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF

then,
> > I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed

but
> > FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to het

FF
> > working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.
> >
> > Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?

> I am seeing similar behaviour which may be related.
> In my case, the computer locks up when the FF cache
> is full and the Web page being browsed uses JavaScript.
> On rebooting, the CheckScan finds problems only in FF's
> cache folder.
>
> Next time it happens to you, clear the cache and
> revisit the Web page giving problems.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Martin Leese

Okay, will try that. But I think that it will not work since also the menu
part is working wierd when I have these probs.

Thanx!
Menno

Doug G

TheCroW wrote:
>> > Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel

>> doesn't
>> > work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF

>> then,
>> > I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed

> but
>> > FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to het

> FF
>> > working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.
>> >
>> > Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Menno
>> > =====================
>> > My 3D Art can be seen on
>> > http://www.3dart4u.com
>> > =====================
>> > Remove nospam in mail address when mailing me
>> >

>> Good enough reason to bin it.
>>

> To bin it?? Don't understand that ... my English is okay but Dutch is my
> native tongue, so ....
>
> Menno

Please ignore the troll.

TheCroW

> >> Good enough reason to bin it.
> >>

> > To bin it?? Don't understand that ... my English is okay but Dutch is

my
> > native tongue, so ....
> >
> > Menno

> Please ignore the troll.

Ah ok, a troll .... in that case I understand ... "bin it" as in throw it
way )
Nah, no way. FF just rocks besides this minor prob I've got.

Menno

The One

"Jedi Fans" <"news[at]jedifans[--=dot==-]com"> wrote in message
news:42ef8d2a$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The One wrote:
> > Good enough reason to bin it.
> >

> oh and IE is any better eh?

Yes.

The One

"TheCroW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel

> > doesn't
> > > work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF

> > then,
> > > I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed

> but
> > > FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to

het
> FF
> > > working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.
> > >
> > > Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Menno
> > > =====================
> > > My 3D Art can be seen on
> > > http://www.3dart4u.com
> > > Remove nospam in mail address when mailing me
> > >

> > Good enough reason to bin it.
> >

> To bin it?? Don't understand that ... my English is okay but Dutch is my
> native tongue, so ....
>
> Menno

I've just spent the last 5 minutes clicking and reclicking a link, FF will
not load it.