Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird slow, false messages

Thunderbird slow, false messages

WCH

I know I've read about this problem but can't find it in searches. I've
use Thunderbird for nearly a year and it's great. I'm running 1.06
right now. Recently, it has become VERY slow to load, and when it does
it will give me false counts on total messages and new messages. False
counts by, like, THOUSANDS sometimes. There are some Mozilla files I'm
supposed to delete I believe but I can't find references to which or
where. Suggestions please.
WC

WCH

WCH wrote:
> I know I've read about this problem but can't find it in searches. I've
> use Thunderbird for nearly a year and it's great. I'm running 1.06
> right now. Recently, it has become VERY slow to load, and when it does
> it will give me false counts on total messages and new messages. False
> counts by, like, THOUSANDS sometimes. There are some Mozilla files I'm
> supposed to delete I believe but I can't find references to which or
> where. Suggestions please.
> WC

Found the solution to my problem. Corrupt index files. Saved my
default profile (the only one that exists), searched all the .msf files
(T-Bird index files, I gather), deleted them all. I expected them to be
recreated when mail was launched again. They were. Now the app is fast
and the message count is accurate.
FYI