Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Data Validation

Data Validation

Niclas

Hi,

I need to validate some data before it is submitted preferably using any of
the validation controls in Visual Studion (2003), but the validation is
slightly complex and require converision to datetime format etc. I suppose
it would be possible to write a regular expression to do the validation, but
I don't have the skills for this.

I would prefer to write a function that validates my data and return a
boolean that indicates if it is valid or not. Is it possible to incorporate
the outcome from a validation function to a validation summary control ?

Niclas

Otis Mukinfus

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 22:55:47 -0000, "Niclas"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I need to validate some data before it is submitted preferably using any of
>the validation controls in Visual Studion (2003), but the validation is
>slightly complex and require converision to datetime format etc. I suppose
>it would be possible to write a regular expression to do the validation, but
>I don't have the skills for this.
>
>I would prefer to write a function that validates my data and return a
>boolean that indicates if it is valid or not. Is it possible to incorporate
>the outcome from a validation function to a validation summary control ?
>
>Niclas

You bet it is! As a matter of fact there is a control for what you
want to do. It's called the CustomValidator control. When it fires
the ServerValidate event you can do your validation any way you need
to via a method or in lines of code in the event.

Otis Mukinfus
http://www.otismukinfus.com
http://www.tomchilders.com