Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Check presence of Session State

Check presence of Session State

=?Utf-8?B?S2lt?=

I would like to check whether the session object contains dataset before
retrieving from the data source.

If NOT CType( Session("ds"), Dataset) = "" Then
dg.DataSource= ds.Tables("dt")
dg.DataBind( )
Else
...retrieve from datasource
End if

The code above throws back error as dataset is not of String type. I've
tried other ways of checking this such as replacing the double quote "" with
"System.Data.Dataset" or "System. Object", etc but all to no avail.

Anyone can help ?

Eliyahu Goldin

If Session("ds") IsNot Nothing Then

Eliyahu