Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > HTTPModule does not run

Reply
Thread Tools

HTTPModule does not run

 
 
Erik Cruz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-30-2005
Hi.

I wrote an HTTPModule to log errors from my application. The component works
well on all the development machines running Windows XP or Windows 2000 and
VS.NET 2003. When I run the application on the server, a Windows 2003 box,
the HTTPModule does not run. If I change the component to a simple dll and
call its methods directly, the code works ok. As soon as I change the
component back to an HTTPModule it stops working on the server. Is there any
type of configuration needed for this kind of component to work on Windows
2003?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Erik Cruz


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brock Allen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-30-2005
Well, that is not a lot of info to go on. Have you configured it in the <httpModules>
section of web.config?

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> Hi.
>
> I wrote an HTTPModule to log errors from my application. The component
> works well on all the development machines running Windows XP or
> Windows 2000 and VS.NET 2003. When I run the application on the
> server, a Windows 2003 box, the HTTPModule does not run. If I change
> the component to a simple dll and call its methods directly, the code
> works ok. As soon as I change the component back to an HTTPModule it
> stops working on the server. Is there any type of configuration needed
> for this kind of component to work on Windows 2003?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Regards,
> Erik Cruz



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Erik Cruz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-30-2005
Hi Brock.

Yes, it is configured on Web.config at the <httpModules> section. As I said,
the component works very well on the development machines but not on the
Windows 2003 server.

Thanks,
Erik Cruz


"Brock Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) .com...
> Well, that is not a lot of info to go on. Have you configured it in the
> <httpModules> section of web.config?
>
> -Brock
> DevelopMentor
> http://staff.develop.com/ballen
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I wrote an HTTPModule to log errors from my application. The component
>> works well on all the development machines running Windows XP or
>> Windows 2000 and VS.NET 2003. When I run the application on the
>> server, a Windows 2003 box, the HTTPModule does not run. If I change
>> the component to a simple dll and call its methods directly, the code
>> works ok. As soon as I change the component back to an HTTPModule it
>> stops working on the server. Is there any type of configuration needed
>> for this kind of component to work on Windows 2003?
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Erik Cruz

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Brock Allen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-30-2005
Hmm, make sure that it's configured in the root web.config of your application
in IIS. The <httpModules> section is not considered in lower web.config files
(IOW, web.config files ina subdirectory of your app). Other than that, I
can't think of anything else. GL.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> Hi Brock.
>
> Yes, it is configured on Web.config at the <httpModules> section. As I
> said, the component works very well on the development machines but
> not on the Windows 2003 server.
>
> Thanks,
> Erik Cruz
> "Brock Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) .com...
>
>> Well, that is not a lot of info to go on. Have you configured it in
>> the <httpModules> section of web.config?
>>
>> -Brock
>> DevelopMentor
>> http://staff.develop.com/ballen
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I wrote an HTTPModule to log errors from my application. The
>>> component works well on all the development machines running Windows
>>> XP or Windows 2000 and VS.NET 2003. When I run the application on
>>> the server, a Windows 2003 box, the HTTPModule does not run. If I
>>> change the component to a simple dll and call its methods directly,
>>> the code works ok. As soon as I change the component back to an
>>> HTTPModule it stops working on the server. Is there any type of
>>> configuration needed for this kind of component to work on Windows
>>> 2003?
>>>
>>> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Erik Cruz



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does Code in a Separate Thread Have to be in a <run()> or Called by a <run()>? KevinSimonson Java 7 10-18-2010 06:39 PM
HTTPModule Error does not fire on HTML Extension jagnew ASP .Net 0 10-23-2007 06:41 PM
forcing code to run - httpmodule etc. =?Utf-8?B?Y2lzY28=?= ASP .Net 3 06-20-2006 11:38 AM
HttpModule not firing when Session/Application ends =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbA==?= ASP .Net 2 01-23-2004 09:56 AM
HttpModule gets InProc Session_Start, not Session_End Steve Donnelly ASP .Net 0 08-30-2003 09:03 PM



Advertisments