Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Quicktime plugins....anybody have this working in Firefox 1.06?

Quicktime plugins....anybody have this working in Firefox 1.06?

Cody_Dude

I downloaded it and installed it...never saw an option to install
browser plugins....still don't work for me.....I have version 6.5.
Works in IE but not FF.

Thanks for any help,

Cody_Dude

Old Gringo

Cody_Dude wrote:
> I downloaded it and installed it...never saw an option to install
> browser plugins....still don't work for me.....I have version 6.5.
> Works in IE but not FF.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Cody_Dude

For me downloading using the link at FF is the only way I could get
it to work and using FF when doing it.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

Cody_Dude

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:57:22 GMT, Old Gringo
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Cody_Dude wrote:
>> I downloaded it and installed it...never saw an option to install
>> browser plugins....still don't work for me.....I have version 6.5.
>> Works in IE but not FF.
>>
>> Thanks for any help,
>>
>> Cody_Dude
>>

>For me downloading using the link at FF is the only way I could get
>it to work and using FF when doing it.

oldgringo,

can you explain to me how i might do that? its not that obvious for
me.

thank you very much for responding.

regards,

Cody

Ralph Fox

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:46:03 GMT, in message
*<(E-Mail Removed)>, Cody_Dude wrote:

> I downloaded it and installed it...never saw an option to install
> browser plugins....still don't work for me.....I have version 6.5.
> Works in IE but not FF.
>
> Thanks for any help,

Are there any np*.dll files in "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\Plugins" ?

If so, copy them to "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins"
and restart Firefox.

Old Gringo

Cody_Dude wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:57:22 GMT, Old Gringo
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Cody_Dude wrote:
>>
>>>I downloaded it and installed it...never saw an option to install
>>>browser plugins....still don't work for me.....I have version 6.5.
>>>Works in IE but not FF.
>>>
>>>Thanks for any help,
>>>
>>>Cody_Dude
>>>

>>For me downloading using the link at FF is the only way I could get
>>it to work and using FF when doing it.

> oldgringo,
>
> can you explain to me how i might do that? its not that obvious for
> me.
>
> thank you very much for responding.
>
> regards,
>
> Cody

I am not very good at explaining things like that sorry.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Cody_Dude

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:45:15 +0000, Ralph Fox
<(E-Mail Removed)-echo.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:46:03 GMT, in message
>*<(E-Mail Removed)>, Cody_Dude wrote:
>

>> I downloaded it and installed it...never saw an option to install
>> browser plugins....still don't work for me.....I have version 6.5.
>> Works in IE but not FF.
>>
>> Thanks for any help,

>Are there any np*.dll files in "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\Plugins" ?
>
>If so, copy them to "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins"
>and restart Firefox.

Hi Ralph,

Yes I did find np*.dll files in quicktime plugins folder and copied
them as you recommended. I then restarted FF and I still can't
get it to work. The place I'm experimenting with (and the ONLY)
website I ran into quicktime requirement is:

http://www.unforgettablelanguages.com/

Is it them or me? I don't know what else to do so any help is
most appreciated.

Best Regards,

Cody

Old Gringo

Cody_Dude wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:45:15 +0000, Ralph Fox
> <(E-Mail Removed)-echo.invalid> wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:46:03 GMT, in message
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>, Cody_Dude wrote:
>>

>>>I downloaded it and installed it...never saw an option to install
>>>browser plugins....still don't work for me.....I have version 6.5.
>>>Works in IE but not FF.
>>>
>>>Thanks for any help,

>>Are there any np*.dll files in "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\Plugins" ?
>>
>>If so, copy them to "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins"
>>and restart Firefox.
>>

> Hi Ralph,
>
> Yes I did find np*.dll files in quicktime plugins folder and copied
> them as you recommended. I then restarted FF and I still can't
> get it to work. The place I'm experimenting with (and the ONLY)
> website I ran into quicktime requirement is:
>
> http://www.unforgettablelanguages.com/
>
> Is it them or me? I don't know what else to do so any help is
> most appreciated.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Cody

It must be you, as I just clicked the link above and it worked just
fine for me. Good quality audio and is also used flash player.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Cody_Dude

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:09:28 GMT, Old Gringo
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Cody_Dude wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:45:15 +0000, Ralph Fox
>> <(E-Mail Removed)-echo.invalid> wrote:

>>>Are there any np*.dll files in "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\Plugins" ?
>>>
>>>If so, copy them to "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins"
>>>and restart Firefox.
>>>

>> Hi Ralph,
>>
>> Yes I did find np*.dll files in quicktime plugins folder and copied
>> them as you recommended. I then restarted FF and I still can't
>> get it to work. The place I'm experimenting with (and the ONLY)
>> website I ran into quicktime requirement is:
>>
>> http://www.unforgettablelanguages.com/
>>
>> Is it them or me? I don't know what else to do so any help is
>> most appreciated.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Cody

>It must be you, as I just clicked the link above and it worked just
>fine for me. Good quality audio and is also used flash player.

Ralph,

Do you see a green puzzle piece as an icon in the left panel
right under a line "LA BOULANGERIE"?

Thats what I see.....The audio works but your suppose to be
able to click that and hear the word. I only see a green puzzle piece.

I am running Win XP Pro with SP2. And FF 1.06 with the following
extensions: (guess I should try uninstalling my extensions to see if
they are breaking my access).

Bookmark Backup 0.3.3
Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.7.1
Roboform Toolbar Extension 6.3.9
NoScript 1.0.9
FlashGot 0.5.9.7
Click2Tab 0.9.42

Im clueless otherwise....lol (Does not mean I'm a retard tho...lol)

Regards,

Cody

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Cody_Dude wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:45:15 +0000, Ralph Fox
>> <(E-Mail Removed)-echo.invalid> wrote:

>>>Are there any np*.dll files in "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\Plugins" ?
>>>
>>>If so, copy them to "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins"
>>>and restart Firefox.
>>>

>> Hi Ralph,
>>
>> Yes I did find np*.dll files in quicktime plugins folder and copied
>> them as you recommended. I then restarted FF and I still can't
>> get it to work. The place I'm experimenting with (and the ONLY)
>> website I ran into quicktime requirement is:
>>
>> http://www.unforgettablelanguages.com/
>>
>> Is it them or me? I don't know what else to do so any help is
>> most appreciated.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Cody

>It must be you, as I just clicked the link above and it worked just
>fine for me. Good quality audio and is also used flash player.

Ralph,

Thanks for your help. I believe you articulate quite well. So I was
wondering why you couldn't just write down in here what you did to
make it work for you? But if you just don't feel like it...thats cool
too!