Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Adblock extension and Firefox

Adblock extension and Firefox

Stubby

I tried to install AdBlock into FF 1.0.6 using the about:config mods
described in the notes. However it doesn't seem to go in.
Here's what I did:
Change application.extensions.version from 1.0 to .10
Change extensions.disabledObsolete to false
Install AdBlock
Change application.extensions.versions back to 1.0
Restart FF

I don't get the alert telling me that something is trying to install a
new program, so it is behaving as if the version checking is still in
effect.

Can anyone tell me what I'm going wrong? TIA.

Comment on AdBlock Plus and AdBlock History Fan Firefox 3 10-30-2006 05:38 PM
block-list for firefox adblock extension Evil Bastard NZ Computing 2 10-09-2005 05:34 AM
Adblock Extension Herb Firefox 5 08-27-2005 03:29 PM
Adblock extension? iamu@me.com Firefox 2 08-04-2005 07:52 PM
Firefox and adblock Bats Firefox 6 07-04-2004 10:10 PM

Advertisments