Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox and Win Media player

Firefox and Win Media player

Larry

I have both IE and Firefox and prefer Firefox. When I go to a web site
(Annenberg/CPB) and try to access language video files it says it needs win
media player as a plugin. When I access the site with IE it automatically
invokes win media player and I'm off and running.

How do I get firefox to point to my installed win media player to view the
video files??

Thanks,

Larry

Doug G

Larry wrote:
> I have both IE and Firefox and prefer Firefox. When I go to a web site
> (Annenberg/CPB) and try to access language video files it says it needs win
> media player as a plugin. When I access the site with IE it automatically
> invokes win media player and I'm off and running.
>
> How do I get firefox to point to my installed win media player to view the
> video files??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Larry

If aboutlugins doesn't show the following, try copying the
npdsplay.dll file into Firefox's plugins folder.

Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library

File name: C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\npdsplay.dll
Npdsplay dll

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/asx Media Files * Yes
video/x-ms-asf-plugin Media Files * Yes
application/x-mplayer2 Media Files * Yes
video/x-ms-asf Media Files asf,asx,* Yes
video/x-ms-wm Media Files wm,* Yes
audio/x-ms-wma Media Files wma,* Yes
audio/x-ms-wax Media Files wax,* Yes
video/x-ms-wmv Media Files wmv,* Yes
video/x-ms-wvx Media Files wvx,* Yes

The following works for me. I don't care to sign up for other videos.
http://www.learner.org/channel/broadband/video.html