Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > T'Bird Address Book Qns

Reply
Thread Tools

T'Bird Address Book Qns

 
 
Dennis J. Tuchler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2005
The Thunderbird (1.06) Address Book has three folders:

Personal Address Book
addressbook
Collected Addresses

I think all saved-from-email addresses go into the Personal Address Book,
for later transfer (or ...?). What is the Collected Addresses folder for?

I think this is too complex a way to keep addresses.

dj tuchler
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Doug G
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2005
Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
> The Thunderbird (1.06) Address Book has three folders:
>
> Personal Address Book
> addressbook
> Collected Addresses
>
> I think all saved-from-email addresses go into the Personal Address Book,
> for later transfer (or ...?). What is the Collected Addresses folder for?
>
> I think this is too complex a way to keep addresses.
>
> dj tuchler


In old versions of Mozilla and Netscape 6/7, the Collected Addresses
address book was the default location for saved (collected) outgoing
addresses.

In TB 1.0.6 the location can be changed via Tools > Options > Advanced >
General Settings.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Moz Champion
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2005
Doug G wrote:
> Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
>
>> The Thunderbird (1.06) Address Book has three folders:
>>
>> Personal Address Book
>> addressbook
>> Collected Addresses
>>
>> I think all saved-from-email addresses go into the Personal Address Book,
>> for later transfer (or ...?). What is the Collected Addresses folder
>> for?
>>
>> I think this is too complex a way to keep addresses.
>>
>> dj tuchler

>
>
> In old versions of Mozilla and Netscape 6/7, the Collected Addresses
> address book was the default location for saved (collected) outgoing
> addresses.
>
> In TB 1.0.6 the location can be changed via Tools > Options > Advanced >
> General Settings.


If you prefer to use one Address Book, then do so
transfer any email addresses from the ones you dont want to the one you
want, then delete them
You cant delete the Personal Address Book nor the Collected Addresses
because they are built in, but you dont have to use the Collected
Addresses anyway.

You can have several address books, or just the one (just ignore the
Collected Addresses - which is only used if you set TB to do so)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Doug G
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-28-2005
Moz Champion wrote:
> Doug G wrote:
>> Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
>>
>>> The Thunderbird (1.06) Address Book has three folders:
>>>
>>> Personal Address Book
>>> addressbook
>>> Collected Addresses
>>>
>>> I think all saved-from-email addresses go into the Personal Address Book,
>>> for later transfer (or ...?). What is the Collected Addresses folder
>>> for?
>>>
>>> I think this is too complex a way to keep addresses.
>>>
>>> dj tuchler

>>
>>
>> In old versions of Mozilla and Netscape 6/7, the Collected Addresses
>> address book was the default location for saved (collected) outgoing
>> addresses.
>>
>> In TB 1.0.6 the location can be changed via Tools > Options > Advanced >
>> General Settings.

>
> If you prefer to use one Address Book, then do so
> transfer any email addresses from the ones you dont want to the one you
> want, then delete them
> You cant delete the Personal Address Book nor the Collected Addresses
> because they are built in, but you dont have to use the Collected
> Addresses anyway.
>
> You can have several address books, or just the one (just ignore the
> Collected Addresses - which is only used if you set TB to do so)


The Personal Address Book and Collected Addresses address books can be
renamed via the about:config extension or by editing a profile's
prefs.js file.

I changed the names via the prefs.js file.

user_pref("ldap_2.servers.pab.description", "Personal Address Book"); became
user_pref("ldap_2.servers.pab.description", "Family & Friends");

user_pref("ldap_2.servers.history.description", "Collected Addresses");
became
user_pref("ldap_2.servers.history.description", "PRC");

TB has to be closed when editing the prefs.js file.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a subprocess qns micklee74@hotmail.com Python 2 04-21-2006 08:12 AM
Qns on blank lines eight02645999@yahoo.com Python 0 03-03-2006 07:06 AM
2 Qns re Thunderbird Dennis J. Tuchler Firefox 7 12-23-2004 10:26 PM
2 very basic qns mescaline C++ 5 12-29-2003 02:51 PM
Misc Qns... Jin C Programming 20 12-25-2003 01:45 AM



Advertisments