Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > javascript for checking user

javascript for checking user

Showjumper

Why would need javascript when formsauthentication has methods for checking
and redirecting the user already.
"noor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eiQvEf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi,
> can any one tell me a javascript that can be called on mouseover event of
> html link control .
> script can check from session either a user is login or not
> In the case of Login it will redirect to the given url.
> In the case of not Login it will prompt the user that u r not login kindly
> login.
>
> actually that link leads a user to Download Software. but this feature is
> only for registerd user.
>
> kindly help me. it will be best if u give me a script for it.
> Thanks
> Noor

Peter Rilling

You *never* want to trust the client/browser to validate authentication.

In the best case JavaScript might be turned of. In the worst case, someone
has written their own browser or client to access your pages thereby
bypassing your security.

"noor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eiQvEf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi,
> can any one tell me a javascript that can be called on mouseover event of
> html link control .
> script can check from session either a user is login or not
> In the case of Login it will redirect to the given url.
> In the case of not Login it will prompt the user that u r not login kindly
> login.
>
> actually that link leads a user to Download Software. but this feature is
> only for registerd user.
>
> kindly help me. it will be best if u give me a script for it.
> Thanks
> Noor

noor

hi,
can any one tell me a javascript that can be called on mouseover event of a