Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Address Line Privacy

Address Line Privacy

Bob

By clicking on the down arrow at the end of the address line, both Mozilla
and IE displays a list of previously visited sites. Sometimes I'd rather
not have these sites available to others who may use my computer. I know I
can eliminate them all by deleting the history, but is there a way to
eliminate individual lines without getting rid of the whole list? Or, is
there a way to turn off the feature completely?

MLC

Il Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:13:44 GMT, Bob ha scritto:

> By clicking on the down arrow at the end of the address line, both Mozilla
> and IE displays a list of previously visited sites. Sometimes I'd rather
> not have these sites available to others who may use my computer. I know I
> can eliminate them all by deleting the history, but is there a way to
> eliminate individual lines without getting rid of the whole list? Or, is
> there a way to turn off the feature completely?

Hover the mouse on the entry to be deleted, higlighting it without
clicking, and press Shift-Delete. It works with Firefox (not with IE), then
I suppose it should work with Mozilla too.

--
Maria Luisa C - 25/07/2005 23.25.02
The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book

Bob

"MLC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Il Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:13:44 GMT, Bob ha scritto:
>
>> By clicking on the down arrow at the end of the address line, both
>> Mozilla
>> and IE displays a list of previously visited sites. Sometimes I'd rather
>> not have these sites available to others who may use my computer. I know
>> can eliminate them all by deleting the history, but is there a way to
>> eliminate individual lines without getting rid of the whole list? Or, is
>> there a way to turn off the feature completely?

> Hover the mouse on the entry to be deleted, higlighting it without
> clicking, and press Shift-Delete. It works with Firefox (not with IE),
> then
> I suppose it should work with Mozilla too.

Thanks! That does it!

Bob

Jedi Fans

Bob wrote:

> "MLC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Il Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:13:44 GMT, Bob ha scritto:
>>
>>> By clicking on the down arrow at the end of the address line, both
>>> Mozilla
>>> and IE displays a list of previously visited sites. Sometimes I'd
>>> rather
>>> not have these sites available to others who may use my computer. I
>>> know I
>>> can eliminate them all by deleting the history, but is there a way to
>>> eliminate individual lines without getting rid of the whole list?
>>> Or, is
>>> there a way to turn off the feature completely?

>> Hover the mouse on the entry to be deleted, higlighting it without
>> clicking, and press Shift-Delete. It works with Firefox (not with IE),
>> then
>> I suppose it should work with Mozilla too.

> Thanks! That does it!
>
> Bob

if you dont want them to save the URLs, set firefox to not save history
[set to 0 days] and not sure about IE... lol