Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Refresh page error

Refresh page error

Eric

Hi,

When my aspx (ASP2.0) page is being refreshed by the refreshbutton of the
browser (ie) I get a message:

"The page cannot be refreshed without resending the information....."

How can I prevent this from happening?

I would like it to be when the user forces a refresh, he will always be at
the first starting page.

I.e.: he is at: http://mypage.aspx?page=2 and the refresh will send him to
http://mypage.aspx?page=1

TIA,
Eric

Marina

That happens right now not only with ASP.NET 1.1, but any other time you are
hitting refresh on a page that was a result of a POST regarless of what
technology was used to generate it. This is just how it works.

"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43ac4268$0$10084$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi,
>
> When my aspx (ASP2.0) page is being refreshed by the refreshbutton of the
> browser (ie) I get a message:
>
> "The page cannot be refreshed without resending the information....."
>
> How can I prevent this from happening?
>
> I would like it to be when the user forces a refresh, he will always be at
> the first starting page.
>
> I.e.: he is at: http://mypage.aspx?page=2 and the refresh will send him to
> http://mypage.aspx?page=1
>
> TIA,
> Eric

Eric

So there is no solution to prevent it or redirect as described?

"Marina" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:%23Gu0Ub$(E-Mail Removed)...