Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > launching background thread in asp.net web application.

launching background thread in asp.net web application.

Ashish

I have a component, that is used by a web application, it is invoked by
the application through reflection.

I have a static class in this componenet, from which iam launching a
thread that should run for the lifetime of that componenent.

When i try to run the code i get the JIT debugging error, and the worker
process crashes, there is not much information in the error log,
I added the ASPNEt user to the denugger group, but now the application
just loads forever,

can someone point out what should i be looking at ?

any comments or pointers would be appreciated

TIA
-ashish

Spam Catcher

Ashish <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:eBy2yf0BGHA.312
@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

> I have a component, that is used by a web application, it is invoked by
> the application through reflection.
>
> I have a static class in this componenet, from which iam launching a
> thread that should run for the lifetime of that componenent.
>
> When i try to run the code i get the JIT debugging error, and the worker
> process crashes, there is not much information in the error log,
> I added the ASPNEt user to the denugger group, but now the application
> just loads forever,

Does this component invoke fine in say a VB.NET Winforms app?

--
Stan Kee ((E-Mail Removed))