Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla to FF&TB with Sunbird?

Mozilla to FF&TB with Sunbird?

Stubby

If I switch out of Mozilla, will anything be lost? Will the components
pickup bookmarks, address book etc from Mozilla? Can I go back easily?
Does Tagzilla work in FF&TB? AdBlock? JSLIB?

Damian Dollahite

Stubby wrote:
> If I switch out of Mozilla, will anything be lost? Will the components
> pickup bookmarks, address book etc from Mozilla? Can I go back easily?
> Does Tagzilla work in FF&TB? AdBlock? JSLIB?

I believe Firefox will import Mozilla's bookmarks during installation,
and if not is can be done afterward easily enough. I believe
Thunderbird will import all your data from Mozilla as well. I'm not
sure if Tagzilla works in TB, but if it doesn't there's probably
something similar that does. AdBlock and JSLIB work in Firefox, though
the latter isn't really that useful---I've got 40 or 50 extensions and
not one of them depends on JSLIB.

You should probably have a look at these pages:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/faq#migration
http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund.../faq#migration

They'll answer a lot of your questions. One thing to note though: the
instructions for sharing bookmarks between Firefox and Netscape/Mozilla
were written before Firefox had LiveBookmarks. You can still share
bookmarks as described, but the Suite/Netscape won't understand the
LiveBookmarks and will change them into regular bookmarks.

--
Ryukage