Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > page refresh slowing down

page refresh slowing down

=?Utf-8?B?QmFobWFu?=

Hello!

I have a listbox that auto-refeshes the page retrieving information based as
what was selected.

The page runs fast at the beginning. Then it gradually starts to slow down.

What could be causing this?

Thank you!

-Bahman

Peter Rilling

Could you be continuously adding rows to the listbox without clearing what
was already there.

"Bahman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello!
>
> I have a listbox that auto-refeshes the page retrieving information based
> as
> what was selected.
>
> The page runs fast at the beginning. Then it gradually starts to slow
> down.
>
> What could be causing this?
>
> Thank you!
>
> -Bahman

=?Utf-8?B?QmFobWFu?=

Peter,

No, I am not (I hope I am not!)

When I tried just now, it seems to be fast all the time. So, it may be a
function of the network.

I did make sure that I have proper indexes on the base tables and that I am
clearing the datasets before repopulating them.

Thank you for your help.

-Bahman

"Peter Rilling" wrote:

> Could you be continuously adding rows to the listbox without clearing what
> was already there.
>
> "Bahman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have a listbox that auto-refeshes the page retrieving information based
> > as
> > what was selected.
> >
> > The page runs fast at the beginning. Then it gradually starts to slow
> > down.
> >
> > What could be causing this?
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > -Bahman

bhawin13

Hello Bahman,

Load your list box in pageload event
if(!IsPostback)
{
//load data into listbox.
}

So this will be executed first time when page is loaded.

>From your information I can say this much only.

Please provide more information or paste some code so we can write
more.