Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox font size and ebay

Firefox font size and ebay

Cullen Skink

Anyone find that when browsing ebay the font size in Firefox changes from
one page to the next?

I mean ebay's own fonts not the ones in sellers' listings. I'll do a
search and the listing font is tiny. A reload of the page sometimes
fixes it. Then I'll do another search and it will be too big, again a
reload or two seems to fix it again.

Sometimes it seems to get stuck on the tiny font. Then going to
View>Text size>Increase and then Decrease again seems to reset it and it
works again for a few pages.

Any ideas?

tia

wc

If you want to enlarge the font you are reading or looking at, hit
Ctrl +

Cullen Skink

wc wrote:
> If you want to enlarge the font you are reading or looking at, hit
> Ctrl +

Thanks.

Was hoping there was a fix though that stops Firefox from resizing the
default font size. It seems quite erratic just now.

FoxWolfie Galen

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 10:38:38 +0000 (UTC), "Cullen Skink"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Anyone find that when browsing ebay the font size in Firefox changes from
> one page to the next?
>
> I mean ebay's own fonts not the ones in sellers' listings. I'll do a
> search and the listing font is tiny. A reload of the page sometimes
> fixes it. Then I'll do another search and it will be too big, again a
> reload or two seems to fix it again.
>
> Sometimes it seems to get stuck on the tiny font. Then going to
> View>Text size>Increase and then Decrease again seems to reset it and it
> works again for a few pages.
>
> Any ideas?

It isn't only the font size that is affected. The font color also changes
for no apparent reason. I'm also referring to eBay's own fonts, and not the
seller's description part of a page. One some occasions, it will display an
almost unreadable color such as light yellow on a white background. This is
not always fixable by telling the browser to use my own colors. Reloading
the page will sometimes fix the font size, but rarely fixes the font color.
It only happens in Firefox, and only on about 1 out of every 100 auction
pages.

I haven't tried too hard to investigate this, but I'm assuming that some
users are inserting bad css into their eBay page descriptions. Firefox
sometimes sees this as being global to the entire page, rather than local
to the seller's description area of a page. It can be corrected by going to
the menu bar and clicking on "View" then "Page Style". Select the "No
Style" option, and the color and font size problems go away - along with
most of the page formatting.