Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > validationSummary controls

validationSummary controls

NuB

How can i hide a grid and textboxes if the page is not valid?

=?Utf-8?B?U0M=?=

Put ur Grid and textboxes in panel and hide the pane on page_load event.

SC

"NuB" wrote:

> How can i hide a grid and textboxes if the page is not valid?

NuB

I tried that and the grid would still show if Page.isValid = false

I had in my page load

if (page.isvalid = true)
{
panelgrid.visible = true;
}
else if (Page.IsValid = false)
{
panelgrid.visible = false;
}

am i missing something or is this wrong?

"SC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Put ur Grid and textboxes in panel and hide the pane on page_load event.
>
> SC
>
> "NuB" wrote:
>
>> How can i hide a grid and textboxes if the page is not valid?

Scott Allen

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:47:33 -0500, "NuB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I had in my page load
>
>if (page.isvalid = true)

Aren't you getting any compiler warnings?

Page.IsValid = true sets IsValid to true.

Page.IsValid == true compares IsValid to true and returns true or
false.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

NuB

no, i can compile and run it but my grid will not be set to visible=false if
the page fails validation
news:(E-Mail Removed)...