Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Move the App_Code directory

Move the App_Code directory

I2

I am new to .net and am stumped as to how to use "include" files in my
asp application.

Currently I have created classes in the app_code directory that are
shared between various aspx pages and this works fine. The problem,
however, is - I am trying to include aspx functionality as part of a
pre-existing classic asp 3.0 website. I.e., in iis I have old website
as normal - within this application their is a folder which contains
the new .net2 part of the program. Again, this works fine but the
problem is when the server looks for code in the app_code directory it
is looking in the root of the website rather than my specified aspx
directory. Is their any way of specifying where the app_config folder
is read from? Otherwise it makes deployment and testing a real pain.
I know that at some point I will probably need to compile the site and
this may remove these problems? But in the meantime could anyone shed
any light on this issue. Any help or pointers in the right direction
would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for any response.

I2

....I figured it out in the end. By creating a virtual directory in iis
that contained the asp.net pages when called from classic asp the
virtual directory acts as a root for the .net application and hence the
problem is now solved. App_data is found from the virtual directory
NOT the root of the directory and hence the files can now be seen.
Hope this helps someone else.