Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > MSGBOX PROBLEM

MSGBOX PROBLEM

=?Utf-8?B?SnVhbmpv?=

Hi,

I'm testing the Visual Web Express Edition, with ASP.NET 2.0. I use the
msgbox function (In ASP.NET 1.0 does not exists). I have written a lot of
code with msgbox, but when I installed the web site developed in the IIS
Server, I have this error when the msgbox funtion is called

'Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in
UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the
ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification
from a service application.'

I think that the msgbox is not supported in web applications, but why is
created if not run?

Thanks

Edwin Knoppert

Frankly, the error message gives the answer here.
it is valid under certain conditions.

"Juanjo" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm testing the Visual Web Express Edition, with ASP.NET 2.0. I use the
> msgbox function (In ASP.NET 1.0 does not exists). I have written a lot of
> code with msgbox, but when I installed the web site developed in the IIS
> Server, I have this error when the msgbox funtion is called
>
> 'Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in
> UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the
> ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification
> from a service application.'
>
> I think that the msgbox is not supported in web applications, but why is
> created if not run?
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?SnVhbmpv?=

The only solution is to use the javascript alert function. Is it the only way
to solve it?

"Edwin Knoppert" wrote:

> Frankly, the error message gives the answer here.
> it is valid under certain conditions.
>

> "Juanjo" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm testing the Visual Web Express Edition, with ASP.NET 2.0. I use the
> > msgbox function (In ASP.NET 1.0 does not exists). I have written a lot of
> > code with msgbox, but when I installed the web site developed in the IIS
> > Server, I have this error when the msgbox funtion is called
> >
> > 'Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in
> > UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the
> > ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification
> > from a service application.'
> >
> > I think that the msgbox is not supported in web applications, but why is
> > created if not run?
> >
> > Thanks

Edwin Knoppert

Sure: