Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > want to have <cc:UserControl>some text and tags</cc:UserControl>... How?

want to have <cc:UserControl>some text and tags</cc:UserControl>... How?

ThunderMusic

Hi
I want to do just like in the subject ... to have some text and tags
between the start and end tags of my user-control.

Is there a simple way of doing that? for instance, between the tags, there
but everytime I try puting something between the tags, I get an error.

My control is all done, only this functionality is missing. Can someone help
me please?

Thanks

ThunderMusic

Damien

ThunderMusic wrote:
> Hi
> I want to do just like in the subject ... to have some text and tags
> between the start and end tags of my user-control.
>
> Is there a simple way of doing that? for instance, between the tags, there
> but everytime I try puting something between the tags, I get an error.
>
> My control is all done, only this functionality is missing. Can someone help
> me please?
>
> Thanks
>
> ThunderMusic

Hi,

have you looked at the ParseChildrenAttribute? Under VS 2003, the help
topic is

ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/cpguide/html/cpconusingparsechildrenattribute.htm

(Which you may have to reassemble into one line).

Damien

ThunderMusic

ok, if I understand it well, if I put something like [ParseChildren(false)]
before my class, I should be able to put almost anything between my control
tags? I'm asking the question because I don't have access to my control
right now, but I want to know if I understood it well. will it work for a
usercontrol?

Thanks a lot

ThunderMusic

"Damien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> ThunderMusic wrote:
>> Hi
>> I want to do just like in the subject ... to have some text and tags
>> between the start and end tags of my user-control.
>>
>> Is there a simple way of doing that? for instance, between the tags,
>> there
>> need.
>> but everytime I try puting something between the tags, I get an error.
>>
>> My control is all done, only this functionality is missing. Can someone
>> help
>> me please?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> ThunderMusic

> Hi,
>
> have you looked at the ParseChildrenAttribute? Under VS 2003, the help
> topic is
>
> ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/cpguide/html/cpconusingparsechildrenattribute.htm
>
> (Which you may have to reassemble into one line).
>
> Damien

Damien

ThunderMusic wrote:
> ok, if I understand it well, if I put something like [ParseChildren(false)]
> before my class, I should be able to put almost anything between my control
> tags? I'm asking the question because I don't have access to my control
> right now, but I want to know if I understood it well. will it work for a
> usercontrol?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> ThunderMusic

Hi,

Your original question seemed to concern a custom control, rather than
a user control (just guessing, since you had the cc: prefix). It works
for custom controls. E.g. from VB:

<ParseChildren(False)> _
Public Class Blarg
Inherits System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl

'Implement Custom Control Here
End Class

But I'm not sure how it would work with a user control. I've never
thought or tried to apply attributes to these. I'd have expected it to
be a directive of some kind, but I cannot see anything. Anyone else
know if it's possible to apply attributes to user controls?

Damien

ThunderMusic

anyway I've done it with a custom control instead of a user control, it
seemed easier that way.

thanks a lot

news: (E-Mail Removed). com...