Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > configuration setting in hirarchy

configuration setting in hirarchy

=?Utf-8?B?UGlldGVyTQ==?=

Hi,

I would like to find a way to manage the configuration for my site and for
my users. I prefer to keep this information stored in the database.

I have configuration settings for the site where the intranet application
runs, for the department and for the user. I want that i can define settings
on every level and that they automatically get inherited in the lower levels.

So i can for example say for a department that I want a button to be
visible, then for the user I can either not define this settings (then it
takes it from the department seting) or that i can override the deparment
setting by setting the button visible state explictly for the user.

Does anyone have experience with this or knows a standard way to solve it?

Greetings,
Pieter