Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > IE

Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
seconds.

FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.

This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many minutes
lost.

Pastor Dave

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:10:39 +0100, "Arnold Schwarz 'E'
negger" <(E-Mail Removed)> spake thusly:

>As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
>seconds.
>
>FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
>
>This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many minutes
>lost.

Dude, if you have time to figure that out, you have
too much time on your hands.

--

Pastor Dave

Silence in the Face of Doctrinal Criticism is Suicide

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/solution.html

http://tinyurl.com/ce97m

Kouros

Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
> As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
> seconds.
>
> FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
>
> This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many minutes
> lost.

Good for IE.

How many tabs does it use again?

And that's just as relevant.

Ed Mullen

Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:

> As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
> seconds.
>
> FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
>
> This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many minutes
> lost.

Can you provide an example search? I'm not sure I've ever had Google
take 17 seconds to return a results page, let alone 34. Also, are you
on dialup or broadband? And what else is your computer doing when you
initiate the search?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

SteveG

Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
> As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
> seconds.
>
> FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
>
> This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many minutes
> lost.

I guess that depends on how many times you waste time making stupid
searches, doesn't it?

And look at that difference. In 10 searches you've saved a whole 1.7
seconds so you need to make 353 searches to save yourself a whole minute
...... how do we live without IE? (That's a rhetorical question BTW)

--
Regards

Steve G

John Thompson

On 2005-07-20, Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
> seconds.
>
> FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
>
> This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many minutes
> lost.

Why? How many times do you need to search for "Internet" on google?

--

-John ((E-Mail Removed))

Ed Mullen

Ed Mullen wrote:

> Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
>
>> As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
>> seconds.
>>
>> FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
>>
>> This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many
>> minutes
>> lost.
>>

> Can you provide an example search? I'm not sure I've ever had Google
> take 17 seconds to return a results page, let alone 34. Also, are you
> on dialup or broadband? And what else is your computer doing when you
> initiate the search?

OMG!!! I missed seeing the decimal points! Sheesh, you're complaining
about THAT?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz.html
Always proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Simian Dyson

"Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42de85e1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
> seconds.
>
> FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
>
> This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many

minutes
> lost.

Yeah, that extra .17 second really makes up for IE being a complete piece of
crap as a browser. Usability is far more important to most of us than your
niggling statistics.

Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

"Ed Mullen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
>
> > As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
> > seconds.
> >
> > FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
> >
> > This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many

minutes
> > lost.
> >

> Can you provide an example search? I'm not sure I've ever had Google
> take 17 seconds to return a results page, let alone 34. Also, are you
> on dialup or broadband? And what else is your computer doing when you
> initiate the search?

As I thought, it could only takes a blind man to download and use Mozilla
Firefox, slow, unstable but perfect for IE haters.

Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

"SteveG <"s.goodfellow"@blueyonder" <"dot> wrote in message
news:YpyDe.74187$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
> > As usual Internet Explorer can search for "Internet" in google in 0.17
> > seconds.
> >
> > FF searches for the same in 0.34 seconds.
> >
> > This calculated over a period of heavy internet use equates to many

minutes
> > lost.
> >

> I guess that depends on how many times you waste time making stupid
> searches, doesn't it?
>
> And look at that difference. In 10 searches you've saved a whole 1.7
> seconds so you need to make 353 searches to save yourself a whole minute
> ..... how do we live without IE? (That's a rhetorical question BTW)
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Steve G

Also I lose many minutes at a time when FF refuses to work.