Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Dead Firefox windows

Dead Firefox windows

Doug Cunningly

If I try to open a couple of firefox windows too quickly, some of them are
dead. You can type addresses into them but nothing happens when you hit
enter. Is this a bug or a feature?

Pastor Dave

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:34:51 GMT, Doug Cunningly
<(E-Mail Removed)> spake thusly:

>If I try to open a couple of firefox windows too quickly, some of them are
>dead. You can type addresses into them but nothing happens when you hit
>enter. Is this a bug or a feature?

<laugh>

I'm sorry, that just seemed funny. No offense.

--

Pastor Dave

Silence in the Face of Doctrinal Criticism is Suicide

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/solution.html

http://tinyurl.com/ce97m

Splibbilla

Pastor Dave <(E-Mail Removed)> in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>If I try to open a couple of firefox windows too quickly, some of them
>>are dead. You can type addresses into them but nothing happens when
>>you hit enter. Is this a bug or a feature?

empty tabs happen a lot when i'm clicking "open in new tab" rapidly along a webpage (such as clicking useful-looking links,
among search results) and wanting the pages to open in the background. one of the best features of tabbed browsing, IMO!

i try to watch the tabs for empties, and then redo those "missing clicks" before i forget which links i wanted. following this is
not too hard, because the tabs open in order

empty tabs happens in moz suite, too

zutroi

Doug Cunningly wrote:
> If I try to open a couple of firefox windows too quickly, some of them are
> dead. You can type addresses into them but nothing happens when you hit
> enter. Is this a bug or a feature?

yep. i don't get the "dead" windows, i just get dead processes lying
around, needing to be killed. i have 2gb of ram, and if i click on
links from Thunderbird too quickly, the Firefox processes run but
don't pop up. this has happened for several versions, it's not just
1.05 or 1.06...

bob