Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla and Sendmail

Mozilla and Sendmail

cm

Hello
Does anyone know how to configure Mozilla-Mail to use Sendmail instead
of smtp?
Thanks
cm

John Thompson

On 2005-07-15, cm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to configure Mozilla-Mail to use Sendmail instead
> of smtp?

Umm, "sendmail" is a program; "smtp" is a mail transfer protocol. What
you're asking is like asking "can I get my car to run on electricity
instead of a Chevy." It just doesn't make sense.

If you mean you'd like Mozilla-Mail to use the sendmail smtp service on
your computer instead of sending to the smtp service your ISP provides,
you simply change the smtp server setting in the mail configuration.

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))