Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Virus Scanning to be uploaded files

Virus Scanning to be uploaded files

=?Utf-8?B?QXNrLk5FVA==?=

Hi,

We are developing a Web application which helps users to uplaod files. We
want to ensure that the files are scanned for viruses when uploaded.
What is the best way to acheive this? We do not want to use the command line
utilities of Virus Scanners to acheive this.

Thanks in Advance.
Manoj

Joerg Jooss

Ask.NET wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are developing a Web application which helps users to uplaod
> files. We want to ensure that the files are scanned for viruses when
> uploaded. What is the best way to acheive this? We do not want to
> use the command line utilities of Virus Scanners to acheive this.

That will require a virus scanner that offers an API, like Sophos. This
way, you can scan a file or a memory buffer without launching an
external process.

Cheers,
--
http://www.joergjooss.de