Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > BoundColumn single DataBind equiv but not in a single row?

BoundColumn single DataBind equiv but not in a single row?

Randall Parker

Is there a way to group a bunch of controls not in a row but to do a single DataBind
to the group?

Is there some sort of equivalent to aspataGrid that is not row-oriented? Even for
just a single database row? I'd prefer an approach for doing multiple rows of
database data but not in a grid row. But even a way to do this with a single database
row would be helpful.

S. Justin Gengo

Randall,

That's what template columns are for. You can use a Datagrid, Datalist, or
Repeater to do what you describe. Just add a template column and then you
can put whatever controls you want into the row.

Here's a useful link:

http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/art...spx#postadlink

--
Sincerely,