Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Role based security

Reply
Thread Tools

Role based security

 
 
John
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2005
Hi

I need to implement role based security for my app. If possible I would like
to use as many of the built-in controls login, create user etc. as possible.
I would also like to use SQL Server to store users/roles information. The
app will be hosted on a public web host.

My question is; Is there an easy to follow sample for the above requirement
which I can go through?

Thanks

Regards


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Patrick.O.Ige
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2005
John will you be using asp.net 2.0 or 1.1?
Because if you will be using Asp.net 2.0 you have it available to you
already and that is less work for you
Hope that helps
Patrick

"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e2XoOdt$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I need to implement role based security for my app. If possible I would

like
> to use as many of the built-in controls login, create user etc. as

possible.
> I would also like to use SQL Server to store users/roles information. The
> app will be hosted on a public web host.
>
> My question is; Is there an easy to follow sample for the above

requirement
> which I can go through?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2005
asp.net 2.0

Thanks

"Patrick.O.Ige" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eMhn97t$(E-Mail Removed)...
> John will you be using asp.net 2.0 or 1.1?
> Because if you will be using Asp.net 2.0 you have it available to you
> already and that is less work for you
> Hope that helps
> Patrick
>
> "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e2XoOdt$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>>
>> I need to implement role based security for my app. If possible I would

> like
>> to use as many of the built-in controls login, create user etc. as

> possible.
>> I would also like to use SQL Server to store users/roles information. The
>> app will be hosted on a public web host.
>>
>> My question is; Is there an easy to follow sample for the above

> requirement
>> which I can go through?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Regards
>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
agapeton@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2005
Check out the .NET 2.0 Membership class. If you are doing old school
development (non modern development as in not XHTML/CSS), you can use
the inappropriately table-heavy login controls. There are articles for
these (already antiquated) controls as well as the (very clean and
precise) Membership class at MSDN.

 
Reply With Quote
 
John
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-13-2005
Is there a sample available for the membership class?

Thanks

Regards

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Check out the .NET 2.0 Membership class. If you are doing old school
> development (non modern development as in not XHTML/CSS), you can use
> the inappropriately table-heavy login controls. There are articles for
> these (already antiquated) controls as well as the (very clean and
> precise) Membership class at MSDN.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AzMan Role Based Security vs. ASP.NET Role Based Security Kursat ASP .Net Security 1 05-07-2007 01:33 PM
Role Based Security sean ASP .Net 1 05-27-2004 06:51 AM
Custom Role Based Security Boris Condarco ASP .Net 2 11-28-2003 10:44 PM
Role-Based Security: ACLs and Role Hierarchies Liet Kynes ASP .Net 0 11-26-2003 08:08 AM
Role-based security: Access the role of current user Jesper Stocholm ASP .Net 2 08-23-2003 06:59 PM



Advertisments