Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Can't get mail into separate accounts

Can't get mail into separate accounts

zinman

When I set up Thunderbird 1.02 on a new laptop I neglected to establish
the two accounts I use on my desktop, so all mail (on the laptop) goes
into Local Folders. I've now set up the two accounts and under Server
Settings/Advanced have checked "Inbox for this server's account."
However, all incoming mail for the two accounts still goes into Local
Folders. What else should I do to make this changeover?

Old Gringo

zinman wrote:
> When I set up Thunderbird 1.02 on a new laptop I neglected to establish
> the two accounts I use on my desktop, so all mail (on the laptop) goes
> into Local Folders. I've now set up the two accounts and under Server
> Settings/Advanced have checked "Inbox for this server's account."
> However, all incoming mail for the two accounts still goes into Local
> Folders. What else should I do to make this changeover?

You might try: Tools, account settings, under mail, copies and folders.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

Old Gringo

zinman wrote:
> When I set up Thunderbird 1.02 on a new laptop I neglected to establish
> the two accounts I use on my desktop, so all mail (on the laptop) goes
> into Local Folders. I've now set up the two accounts and under Server
> Settings/Advanced have checked "Inbox for this server's account."
> However, all incoming mail for the two accounts still goes into Local
> Folders. What else should I do to make this changeover?

You can right click the mail accounts in the side panel and create
new folders also.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

zinman

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried using Copies and Folders under Mail
to redirect my mail into the two accounts. Now I get the message "You
have x new messages in B account," but when I look in B account, there
are no new messages, and I can't find them elsewhere either. Guess
I'll just reinstall the program.

Doug G

zinman wrote:
> When I set up Thunderbird 1.02 on a new laptop I neglected to establish
> the two accounts I use on my desktop, so all mail (on the laptop) goes
> into Local Folders. I've now set up the two accounts and under Server
> Settings/Advanced have checked "Inbox for this server's account."
> However, all incoming mail for the two accounts still goes into Local
> Folders. What else should I do to make this changeover?

Try marking the "Inbox for different account" option and selecting the
correct account from the drop down list.