Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > The operation has timed-out When calling web service by multithrea

The operation has timed-out When calling web service by multithrea

=?Utf-8?B?cmVhd2F5?=

When I call Web Service by mulithread just like the following:

public class test
{
public void Execute()
{
while(....)
{
ThreadPool.QueueUserWorkItem(new WaitCallback(DoProcess),request);
}
}

public void DoProcess(object request)
{
// call web service
}

}

I got the exception:

System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed-out.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke(String
methodName, Object[] parameters)
at
ABCDeposit.ABCService.NewBfService.newBfService(co m_snda_bf_item_NewServiceItem param0)
at ABCDeposit.ServiceAgent.DepositAgent.Deposit(ABCDe positInfo info,
String& message)
at ABCDeposit.Components.ABCDepositAction.Execute()

However, when I call the web service in single thread,
I do not get any timeout exception

I don't know why, is this a bug or other?

Could anybody help me? Thank you!

Scott Allen

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 04:33:02 -0800, reaway
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>However, when I call the web service in single thread,
>I do not get any timeout exception

You might be hitting up against the outgoing HTTP throttle:
http://odetocode.com/Blogs/scott/arc...06/08/272.aspx

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/