Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Get Mail requires pull-down

Get Mail requires pull-down

Dick Chimenti

At some point along the way, I was forced to start using the pull-down
alongside the "Get Mail" button. It's only needed for retrieving e-mail
and not news. Anyone know how to fix this?

Dick Chimenti wrote:
> At some point along the way, I was forced to start using the pull-down
> alongside the "Get Mail" button. It's only needed for retrieving e-mail
> and not news. Anyone know how to fix this?

Tools > Account Settings > Server Settings (under mail account)

(check) Check for new messages at startup

(check) Check for new messages every ___ minutes

Dick Chimenti

Z wrote:
> Dick Chimenti wrote:
>
>> At some point along the way, I was forced to start using the pull-down
>> alongside the "Get Mail" button. It's only needed for retrieving
>> e-mail and not news. Anyone know how to fix this?

> Tools > Account Settings > Server Settings (under mail account)
>
> (check) Check for new messages at startup
>
> (check) Check for new messages every ___ minutes

I apparently didn't make it clear that I want to simply be able to press
the Get Mail button to have it retrieve my e-mail without having to use
the pull-down. I already have the two boxes checked that you suggested.

Doug G

Dick Chimenti wrote:
> Z wrote:
>> Dick Chimenti wrote:
>>
>>> At some point along the way, I was forced to start using the pull-down
>>> alongside the "Get Mail" button. It's only needed for retrieving
>>> e-mail and not news. Anyone know how to fix this?

>> Tools > Account Settings > Server Settings (under mail account)
>>
>> (check) Check for new messages at startup
>>
>> (check) Check for new messages every ___ minutes

> I apparently didn't make it clear that I want to simply be able to press
> the Get Mail button to have it retrieve my e-mail without having to use
> the pull-down. I already have the two boxes checked that you suggested.

AFAIK, the Get Mail button gets messages for the active account. So if
you happen to be reading newsgroups when you click the button, it gets
new messages for the news server account.

Jan van Aalderen

Dick Chimenti wrote:
> At some point along the way, I was forced to start using the pull-down
> alongside the "Get Mail" button. It's only needed for retrieving e-mail
> and not news. Anyone know how to fix this?

There is at least one extension out there that either provides an extra
button "get all mail", or changes the functioning of the normal button
to the same purpose.

--
Vriendelijke groet,
Jan van Aalderen, Amstelveen