Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox new version

Firefox new version

Bunge

released today 12 July 05

Firefox 1.0.5 for Windows, English (4.7MB)

Tom Betz

Quoth "Bunge" <(E-Mail Removed)> in news:db1cr9$cjd$1
@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:

> released today 12 July 05
>
> Firefox 1.0.5 for Windows, English (4.7MB)
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

I installed it per release notes (Windows 2k) and it crashed
randomly, just shutting down instantaneously, not even invoking the
talkback on restart. No particular cause I could see.

I'm back on 1.04 for now.

--
George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

Tom Betz

Quoth "Bunge" <(E-Mail Removed)> in news:db1cr9$cjd$1
@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:

> released today 12 July 05
>
> Firefox 1.0.5 for Windows, English (4.7MB)
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

I installed it per release notes (Windows 2k) and it crashed
randomly, just shutting down instantaneously, not even invoking the
talkback on restart. No particular cause I could see.

.... okay, an hour later after more screwing around (after 1.04 was
also broken, despite a clean re-install) I think I've tracked the
problem I had to the recently-released Netcraft toolbar. I've got
everything I had except for Netcraft enabled right now (after
removing localstore.rdf and downloads.rdf, cleaning out the cache,
and cleaning out my TEMP directories failed to fix the problem for
1.04 OR 1.05) and 1.05 seems to be running smoothly.

It's odd, because I was having no problem with the Netcraft toolbar
before I uninstalled 1.04 and installed 1.05.

--
George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every
disability caused there is more blood on George W. Bush's hands,
and on the hands of everyone who voted for George W. Bush.

Splibbilla

http://www.mozilla.org/products/fire...ses/1.0.5.html
Firefox 1.0.5 is a security update that is part of our ongoing program to provide a safe Internet experience for our customers. We
recommend that all users upgrade to this latest version.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/secu...s.html#Firefox

hmmm,,, this is not the firefox-1.0+.en-US.win32.installer.exe
[2005-07-10-07]
which is recent deer park alpha 2
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/deerpark/alpha2.html
( i just installed today. so far seems fine)

funny that DPa1 installer was labeled 1.0.5
firefox-1.0.5.en-US.win32.installer.exe
I d/led it on 09 Jul 2005, but i know i didn't get until it had been avail for a while.

my point being, i wonder about the"1.0.5" release number in relation to DP2a?

texaswelch@hotmail.com

Your tag line, besides being totally wrong, left wing nonsense, is
enirely inappropriate here.

rgds/Bob

Jan Steffen

> Your tag line, besides being totally wrong, left wing nonsense, is
> enirely inappropriate here.

Don't read tag lines, if you don't like them.
They're meant for off-topic

Perhaps use your usercontent.css
..moz-txt-sig, .moz-signature
{
display:none !important;
}

HTH,
Jan

--
Axis of Evil! Countries with death penalty on juveniles:
Iran, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudia Arabia, USA

Tom Betz

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1121261223.745529.14730
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> Your tag line, besides being totally wrong, left wing nonsense,

You are entitled to your opinion, even though it is wrong.

> is enirely inappropriate here.

Please killfile me if you are offended by my .sig.

The opinions of other people do not scare me enough to do so.

--
George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every
disability caused there is more blood on George W. Bush's hands,
and on the hands of everyone who voted for George W. Bush.

Bumblebee

On 13 Jul 2005 06:27:03 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Your tag line, besides being totally wrong, left wing nonsense, is
>enirely inappropriate here.
>
>rgds/Bob

Well Done Bob, now everybody will be wondering whose tag line it is
that you refer to. But I do admire that despite you thinking it to be
"totally wrong left wing nonsense" and "enirely inappropriate here".

----------
You graciously sent your Regards [>rgds/Bob]
--

Chris Bee

Tom Betz wrote:
> Please killfile me if you are offended by my .sig.

No thank you; rebuttal is better.

> George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
> Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every
> disability caused there is more blood on George W. Bush's hands,
> and on the hands of everyone who voted for George W. Bush.

http://www.creators.com/opinion_show...olumnsName=miv
According to Human Rights Watch, Hussein killed several hundred thousand
of his fellow citizens. The massacre of the Kurdish Barzani tribe in
1983 killed at least 8,000; the infamous gas attack on the Kurdish
village of Halabja killed 5,000 in 1988; and seized documents from Iraqi
security organizations show 182,000 were murdered during the Anfal
ethnic cleansing campaign against Kurds, also in 1988.

In 1991, following the first Gulf War, both the Kurds and the Shiites
rebelled. The allied forces did not intervene, and Saddam brutally
suppressed both uprisings and drained the southern marshes that had been
home to a local population for more than 5,000 years.

Saddam's regime left 271 mass graves, with more still being discovered.
That figure alone was the source for my original mistaken estimate of
20,000. Saddam's widespread use of systematic torture, including rape,
has been verified by the U.N. Committee on Human Rights and other human
rights groups over the years.

There are wildly varying estimates of the number of civilians,
especially babies and young children, who died as a result of the
sanctions that followed the Gulf War. While it is true that the
ill-advised sanctions were put in place by the United Nations, I do not
see that that lessens Hussein's moral culpability, whatever blame
attaches to the sanctions themselves -- particularly since Saddam
promptly corrupted the Oil for Food Program put in place to mitigate the
effects of the sanctions, and used the proceeds to build more palaces, etc.

There have been estimates as high as 1 million civilians killed by
Saddam, though most agree on the 300,000 to 400,000 range, making my
comparison to 20,000 civilian dead in this war pathetically wrong.

c-bee1

"Z" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message newsKlBe.7951$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tom Betz wrote:
> > Please killfile me if you are offended by my .sig.

> No thank you; rebuttal is better.
>

> > George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
> > Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every
> > disability caused there is more blood on George W. Bush's hands,
> > and on the hands of everyone who voted for George W. Bush.

> http://www.creators.com/opinion_show...olumnsName=miv
> According to Human Rights Watch, Hussein killed several hundred thousand
> of his fellow citizens. The massacre of the Kurdish Barzani tribe in
> 1983 killed at least 8,000; the infamous gas attack on the Kurdish
> village of Halabja killed 5,000 in 1988; and seized documents from Iraqi
> security organizations show 182,000 were murdered during the Anfal
> ethnic cleansing campaign against Kurds, also in 1988.

And republicans helped him right along - until they let Bin Laden get
away.