Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Firefox ASP.NET 2.0 Client-Side Validation

Firefox ASP.NET 2.0 Client-Side Validation

Andre

Hi,

I have read at many place that .Net 2.0 was suppose to support
client-side validation in non-IE Browser. But i've try a very simple
validation, and firefox is unable to run it, it works only in IE.

Do i have to make something special to make it work or the problem is
still present in 2.0 ?

Thanks you

Jon Paal

so far, 2.0 client side validation in Firefox works for me...

nothing special required .

Jacky Kwok

Andre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have read at many place that .Net 2.0 was suppose to support
> client-side validation in non-IE Browser. But i've try a very simple
> validation, and firefox is unable to run it, it works only in IE.
>
> Do i have to make something special to make it work or the problem is
> still present in 2.0 ?
>
> Thanks you

What version of FireFox you are using?

I use teh firefox1.5 , it is Ok to use client-side validation for
dotnet2 webapp.

However, for Dotnet1.x app (run in dotnet1.x aspnet system), it does not
use client-side validation in firefox.

In fact, for Dotnet1.x app, the problem is 1.x runtime does not consider
Firefox has the ability to handle high level web function (e.g. inline
style, etc). Hence, Dotnet1.x runtime will output html3.x code to non-IE
browser.

However, you can force the dotnet1.x runtime to output IE5 compatible
HTML by adding

"Page.ClientTarget="ie5";"
in "Page_Load" event.

--
Jacky Kwok
jacky@alumni_DOT_cuhk_DOT_edu_DOT_hk

Andre

I'm using FF1.5 with DotNet 2.0 and nothing to do.. it's not working !!

"Jacky Kwok" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
%23p34uG6%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have read at many place that .Net 2.0 was suppose to support
>> client-side validation in non-IE Browser. But i've try a very simple
>> validation, and firefox is unable to run it, it works only in IE.
>>
>> Do i have to make something special to make it work or the problem is
>> still present in 2.0 ?
>>
>> Thanks you

> What version of FireFox you are using?
>
> I use teh firefox1.5 , it is Ok to use client-side validation for dotnet2
> webapp.
>
> However, for Dotnet1.x app (run in dotnet1.x aspnet system), it does not
> use client-side validation in firefox.
>
> In fact, for Dotnet1.x app, the problem is 1.x runtime does not consider
> Firefox has the ability to handle high level web function (e.g. inline
> style, etc). Hence, Dotnet1.x runtime will output html3.x code to non-IE
> browser.
>
> However, you can force the dotnet1.x runtime to output IE5 compatible HTML
> by adding
>
> "Page.ClientTarget="ie5";"
> in "Page_Load" event.
>

> --
> Jacky Kwok
> jacky@alumni_DOT_cuhk_DOT_edu_DOT_hk
> jacky@compose_DOT_com_DOT_hk

Andre

I finally found the solution to my problem..

My Apps was running with the 1.1 Framework instead of 2.0.
I found here what to do to solve this.
http://www.codeguru.com/Csharp/.NET/...le.php/c10879/

Thank you.

Oltmb02%(E-Mail Removed)...