Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Connect to AD in Visual Web developer 2005 EE via database explore

Connect to AD in Visual Web developer 2005 EE via database explore

=?Utf-8?B?RGlkaWVyLlQ=?=

Hi,

I'm trying to create a connection to Active Directory via the database
explorer//data connections in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition.
I choose "Add Connection" and then use the "Ole provider for Microsoft
Directory Services" then I fill in the servername and so on. ( and the test
connection always succeeds ... ).
After Pressing OK The database connection seems to be there, but when i try
to do a query it says: the underlying enumerator did not support ..of type
table.So the connection fails.
What am I doing wrong here ?
Is it possible to query Ad via the database explorer. ( like SQL for example).
Can somebody please help ?

Many Thanks,

Didier